Bioshock Infinite Shotgun Mod (Created from Grenade Rifle)

Yogogamer

Hmmm, I would love to do this, it would take a few days, possibly weeks, but I could....

Hmmm, I would love to do this, it would take a few days, possibly weeks, but I could....

Sounds good brother, I'm slammed for time so it's all yours. It won't take you days or weeks, just half an hour or 45 minutes in blender.

Cut off the original stock, copy and paste the one from the lever action shotgun. Separate/rip the metal part on the lever action stock from the wood part. Change the texture for the lever action stock to the dds of the grenade launcher. Move the texture map (so you can use the same wood texture as the grenade rifle) around on the lever action stock.

Notes; Double check when you export from blender that all the nodes are there. You may have to change the grip since the stock is different (maybe not). Might want to make sure all the materials properties in the nif match between the two stocks.

That's about all I can think of. You'll probably have to wait on the texture until we the OP can get a hi res screenshot.

If you want to skip the modeling part and start on just the texture map, I UL the nif and a blend file here.

When a plan comes together.....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good brother, I'm slammed for time so it's all yours. It won't take you days or weeks, just half an hour or 45 minutes in blender.

Cut off the original stock, copy and paste the one from the lever action shotgun. Separate/rip the metal part on the lever action stock from the wood part. Change the texture for the lever action stock to the dds of the grenade launcher. Move the texture map (so you can use the same wood texture as the grenade rifle) around on the lever action stock.

Notes; Double check when you export from blender that all the nodes are there. You may have to change the grip since the stock is different (maybe not). Might want to make sure all the materials properties in the nif match between the two stocks.

That's about all I can think of. You'll probably have to wait on the texture until we the OP can get a hi res screenshot.

If you want to skip the modeling part and start on just the texture map, I UL the nif and a blend file here.

Also, It has the loading port of the lever action(The thing you put the bullets in during the reload anim, and i tried to play some fallout and take some pictures of the similarities and compare them but after like 10 minutes in-game all my textures disappear and the game crashes, Wonder what causes that? \

All in all if it gets too hard for anyone else i''ll try to do it by myself which is nearly impossible as i can hardly retexture a 9mm pistol, Or it just doesn't get made,I guess

Also, It has the loading port of the lever action(The thing you put the bullets in during the reload anim,

The grenade rifle does? I was under the impression it was a break action.

All in all if it gets too hard for anyone else i''ll try to do it by myself which is nearly impossible as i can hardly retexture a 9mm pistol, Or it just doesn't get made,I guess

Well if Welovefallout doesn't come through for you, contact me.

Also, It has the loading port of the lever action(The thing you put the bullets in during the reload anim,

he

No i mean the Bioshock shotty (Sorry for the confusion)

And I'll let you know, Thanks!

Your'e probably right about it being simpler to modify a lever action, Seeing as it'd be nearly impossible to implement a loading port on the grenade launcher.

Your'e probably right about it being simpler to modify a lever action, Seeing as it'd be nearly impossible to implement a loading port on the grenade launcher.

Yeah if you want it to function like a lever action shotgun (as opposed to just being concerned with the appearance) then you really have to use that model (lever action). You can change the attack & reload animation (how your character fires and reloads the weapon) on the grenade rifle weapon form itself, but it won't match up to the animation of the grenade rifle in the nif.

Here is a pic of a modified lever action I was working on in blender, with the vanilla lever action on top;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/bioshockLeverActionShotGun_zps2d390a9d.jpg

And here is the blend file for it

Yeah if you want it to function like a lever action shotgun (as opposed to just being concerned with the appearance) then you really have to use that model (lever action). You can change the attack & reload animation (how your character fires and reloads the weapon) on the grenade rifle weapon form itself, but it won't match up to the animation of the grenade rifle in the nif.

Here is a pic of a modified lever action I was working on in blender, with the vanilla lever action on top;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/bioshockLeverActionShotGun_zps2d390a9d.jpg

And here is the blend file for it

That looks pretty acurate!! Reason i suggested the Grenade Rifle in the first place was due to the size of the barrel but you seemed to have fixed that, This one looks abeit better

Just the metal butt on the handle is all, Oh and i almost forgot, I got a friend to send me a picture of the 3D model, Hope this helps

We can change the texture and normal map for the metal butt on the handle to wood, so that won't be a real problem. Where it really starts to look good is with the texture work. But anyway, both versions are accessible to Welovefallout. So I'm off to other projects. If Welovefallout was just blowing smoke you can get back in touch with me later.

We can change the texture and normal map for the metal butt on the handle to wood, so that won't be a real problem. Where it really starts to look good is with the texture work. But anyway, both versions are accessible to Welovefallout. So I'm off to other projects. If Welovefallout was just blowing smoke you can get back in touch with me later.

Hmmm....We should probably leave the metal part alone then because it would look strange to see a random bulge of wood amongst all the other parts of the wood, Oh and about Welovefallout, I think He/She might have been kidding as He/She always makes one liners like that lol, I would learn Blender and/or nifskope but a friend of mine has a wedding coming up and they want me to be their best lady so i have been quite busy.

Hmmm....We should probably leave the metal part alone then because it would look strange to see a random bulge of wood amongst all the other parts of the wood,

I may (won't know until I fire up blender) be able to take the crease out and leave a smooth stock, so it looks like a seamless piece of oak.

Oh and about Welovefallout, I think He/She might have been kidding as He/She always makes one liners like that lol,

Hmmmm. OK well PM him and if he is just blowing smoke or you don't hear back from him in a reasonable period of time, I'll start back on the project.

I would learn Blender and/or nifskope but a friend of mine has a wedding coming up and they want me to be their best lady so i have been quite busy.

If you decide to go that route it will take some time. Have patience with it (blender) as it's not the most intuitive program. Don't think of it as learning it in a binary sense, but more of an ongoing process. Start with some simple projects so you don't get frustrated in the beginning. There is also a ton of tutorials out there.

Anyway, let me know re: Welovefallout. If he's a no show, maybe I can work on the weapon this weekend.