Bioshock Infinite Shotgun Mod (Created from Grenade Rifle)

Yogogamer

Hmmm....We should probably leave the metal part alone then because it would look strange to see a random bulge of wood amongst all the other parts of the wood,

I may (won't know until I fire up blender) be able to take the crease out and leave a smooth stock, so it looks like a seamless piece of oak.

Oh and about Welovefallout, I think He/She might have been kidding as He/She always makes one liners like that lol,

Hmmmm. OK well PM him and if he is just blowing smoke or you don't hear back from him in a reasonable period of time, I'll start back on the project.

I would learn Blender and/or nifskope but a friend of mine has a wedding coming up and they want me to be their best lady so i have been quite busy.

If you decide to go that route it will take some time. Have patience with it (blender) as it's not the most intuitive program. Don't think of it as learning it in a binary sense, but more of an ongoing process. Start with some simple projects so you don't get frustrated in the beginning. There is also a ton of tutorials out there.

Anyway, let me know re: Welovefallout. If he's a no show, maybe I can work on the weapon this weekend.

Thanks :sweat:, I didn't expect to get a single reply to this thread but you came to my rescue! And ill let you know what happens with WLF (Welovefallout), After the wedding ,I'm going to go back to work on a quest mod that takes place in New York that i originally gave up due to scripting, And i drew up some weapon concepts for when i learned blender or nifskope, here they are if you're interested in seeing them

Anyways, Sorry for the long post,

Edited by Yogogamer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....We should probably leave the metal part alone then because it would look strange to see a random bulge of wood amongst all the other parts of the wood,

I may (won't know until I fire up blender) be able to take the crease out and leave a smooth stock, so it looks like a seamless piece of oak.

Oh and about Welovefallout, I think He/She might have been kidding as He/She always makes one liners like that lol,

Hmmmm. OK well PM him and if he is just blowing smoke or you don't hear back from him in a reasonable period of time, I'll start back on the project.

I would learn Blender and/or nifskope but a friend of mine has a wedding coming up and they want me to be their best lady so i have been quite busy.

If you decide to go that route it will take some time. Have patience with it (blender) as it's not the most intuitive program. Don't think of it as learning it in a binary sense, but more of an ongoing process. Start with some simple projects so you don't get frustrated in the beginning. There is also a ton of tutorials out there.

Anyway, let me know re: Welovefallout. If he's a no show, maybe I can work on the weapon this weekend.

So i downloaded blender and it was a nightmare lol, I had no idea what to do, And i couldn't find any helpful tuts,

So i downloaded blender and it was a nightmare lol, I had no idea what to do, And i couldn't find any helpful tuts,

Thanks :sweat:, I didn't expect to get a single reply to this thread but you came to my rescue!

No problem, we're all fallout fans trying to help each other out

I'm going to go back to work on a quest mod that takes place in New York that i originally gave up due to scripting,

If you hit a roadblock again on the scripting put a post up in modtalk. They have some pretty good scripters there (and in this forum) that can help out.

And i drew up some weapon concepts for when i learned blender or nifskope, here they are if you're interested in seeing them

They look good. When/if you come out with some larger/more detailed pics I'd like to see them

so i downloaded blender and it was a nightmare lol, I had no idea what to do, And i couldn't find any helpful tuts,

Don't feel bad, a lot of people find blender a little overwhelming. So I'd check out Blender noob to pro. A big time saver is to install a portable version of blender, because it's already setup for fallout. I belive this is the one I use. Q made a good tutorial to you some basics re: working on outfits/armor (but it applies to most things) here. The export pic/graphic is broken but here are some of my import/export settings.

Import;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/blenderImport_zps59e02a69.jpg

if you import weapons make sure the "import extra nodes" button is selected

Export

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/blenderExport_zpse77e686c.jpg

This is the setting for exporting creatures, armor, outfits ect (rigged models). For statics (for example a vault tile or a bottle) uncheck/select at least "shadow map" & "export dismember body parts" and select "use bsFadeNode root".

Should be some good material to get you started.

Thanks :sweat:, I didn't expect to get a single reply to this thread but you came to my rescue!

I'm going to go back to work on a quest mod that takes place in New York that i originally gave up due to scripting,

If you hit a roadblock again on the scripting put a post up in modtalk. They have some pretty good scripters there (and in this forum) that can help out.

And i drew up some weapon concepts for when i learned blender or nifskope, here they are if you're interested in seeing them

They look good. When/if you come out with some larger/more detailed pics I'd like to see them

so i downloaded blender and it was a nightmare lol, I had no idea what to do, And i couldn't find any helpful tuts,

Don't feel bad, a lot of people find blender a little overwhelming. So I'd check out Blender noob to pro. A big time saver is to install a portable version of blender, because it's already setup for fallout. I belive this is the one I use. Q made a good tutorial to you some basics re: working on outfits/armor (but it applies to most things) here. The export pic/graphic is broken but here are some of my import/export settings.

Import;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/blenderImport_zps59e02a69.jpg

Export

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/blenderExport_zpse77e686c.jpg

This is the setting for exporting creatures, armor, outfits ect (rigged models). For statics (for example a vault tile or a bottle) uncheck/select at least "shadow map" & "export dismember body parts" and select "use bsFadeNode root".

Thanks will give i will give ti another shot today. As for the scripting i did put up a post in modtalk however there was only one reply unfortunately.

Import;

Export

Thanks will give i will give ti another shot today. As for the scripting i did put up a post in modtalk however there was only one reply unfortunately.

Update: Hmm blender portable seems to in a different language

Import;

Export

Update: Hmm blender portable seems to in an infinite loading loop,This is discouraging....

Edited by Yogogamer

Update: Hmm blender portable seems to in a different language

Weird, never had that happen. OK uninstall that freakshow and try this one, it's a (ever so slightly) more current version anyway. So miss Maryberry can take some screenshots of the shotgun for us. Shoot me a link to your post on teh script question.

Still in french! Arghh....No worries, I know french and heres a link: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1163651-wip-the-boneyard-a-new-story-mod-help-needed/

Beware though,It's a wall of text