[help]Raewyn Companion dark face?

philzj

I have downloaded the companion Raewyn, and I am having an issue her face. Everything looks fine, except that her face is black, with only her eyes showing. I have installed Ren's beauty pack, NEC's mystic high elf, and natural faces.

please let me know what additional information i can provide to help someone troubleshoot this for me.

Hi, I had the same problem with another CM partner having a black face once, but I just gave up on it, but I reinstalled oblivion one time and her face was normal again.... that sounded quite racist, lol. However, i'm sure you don't want to re-install everything, so the only other thing I can think of other than that is that CM Partners (the latest version at least) comes with a utility spell called "Fix Follower Double Face Bug" that when cast on a partner that is following you, cures the problem where partners get a wierd dark face cus there are two faces there, maybe that would cure your problem too, but I don't know, might be a completely un-related problem.

Hi, I had the same problem with another CM partner having a black face once, but I just gave up on it, but I reinstalled oblivion one time and her face was normal again.... that sounded quite racist, lol. However, i'm sure you don't want to re-install everything, so the only other thing I can think of other than that is that CM Partners (the latest version at least) comes with a utility spell called "Fix Follower Double Face Bug" that when cast on a partner that is following you, cures the problem where partners get a wierd dark face cus there are two faces there, maybe that would cure your problem too, but I don't know, might be a completely un-related problem.

i have teh latest cm partners v2 and i don't see that spell :(

i'm downloading the high res models now see if it'll help

Ah right, well it came with mine I think, showed up in the "Lesser Powers" section with the ball on chain icon. Strange if it's not there. Tbh though i'm not sure if it would work anyway, I think it's designed to cure the other problem with the double face rather than the completely black face problem, just thought it might be worth a try. Can't really sugjest anything else. Good luck getting it sorted though! Your hi-res textures just might do the trick.

shame that doesn't happen in real life though eh ;)

Lol, all the companions undress for a second when you exit share as they equip whatever you have given them, but they shouldn't stay nude, it should only be for a brief moment. Of course if you take everything away from her she won't have anything to wear... but thats not it is it?

shame that doesn't happen in real life though eh ;)

Lol, all the companions undress for a second when you exit share as they equip whatever you have given them, but they shouldn't stay nude, it should only be for a brief moment. Of course if you take everything away from her she won't have anything to wear... but thats not it is it?

well actually i gave her more armor, i didn't take anything from her. I walked around in the city and she remained undressed. I also fast traveled to another city and she still remained undressed.

Well, now Raewyn gets dressed, so that's good, but her face is still solid black. [i can take a screen cap if anyone needs].

i installed Aliyah, and she seems to load just fine, i wonder what's wrong with Raewyn..

also, if i load the savegame provided with nec's Mystic High Elf, that character has the proper face, it's only Raewyn that doesn't pull up properly.

I can't really sugjest anything else tbh, like I said, I re-installed oblivion and everything worked fine after that, but there must be an easier way to do it. Maybe e-mail the author of Raewyn or the auther or CM Partners or something.

I can't really sugjest anything else tbh, like I said, I re-installed oblivion and everything worked fine after that, but there must be an easier way to do it. Maybe e-mail the author of Raewyn or the auther or CM Partners or something.

i tried, to PM them, their box was full... this was a 'fresh' oblivion install on my new computer. did full install, copied my saved games, then installed the mods and now here i am. I guess it can't hurt to re-install it once more, not like it took very long anyways.