Add attachments to Weapons and armor?

So... I'm rather green here. I've been trying to figure out a way to modify a weapon or piece of armor with attachments and color changes added WITHOUT going into the game to do it.

For example, I have the Combined Arms and Private Military Company mods, and want to make a custom weapon, FAST helmet, and uniform using the attachments and color changes that these mods provide for their respective items, so I can make a "standard issue" kit for my Minute Men.

So far, I've only found tutorials that show how to make something in Nif Scope, bring it into the CK, then go IN game to mod an item.

Any help would be great =^_^=

Edited by CrashMasterJMM

Anybody? I hate to bump, but after 5 days I still can't find anything that shows how to add attachments to an existing item through the CK.

probably no one understood what exactly you want. For example, I did not understand anything.

One thing is for sure - there's nothing to do with nifscopes at this point. Now i've forgotten a lot about armor/weapon edits, so won't say exactly how, but you should use Object Template combinations. Newly spawned items will have desired set of defaullt combination mods, which are compatible with base item of course - attach point kw etc.. This was much easier to do in XEdit. You should investigate and understand how gear is dynamically constructed in base game.

Also check out as a basic reference this script AspirationalAddItemScript.psc in Data/Scripts folder. An item can reconstruct itself onLoad, for example.

ps. Looked in a mod, well, very simple. Make one ObjectTemplate combination, set default, attach omod for each ap (not modcol). If to attach modcol, then it'll spawn randomly. I don't remember exactly though, if changing base form omod to another will affect existing gear, just try.

Edited by hereami

Anybody? I hate to bump, but after 5 days I still can't find anything that shows how to add attachments to an existing item through the CK.

probably no one understood what exactly you want. For example, I did not understand anything.

"I've been trying to figure out a way to modify a weapon or piece of armor with attachments and color changes added WITHOUT going into the game to do it."

"I still can't find anything that shows how to add attachments to an existing item through the CK."

I thought that was pretty straight forward. So, I will elaborate a bit more:

I want to take a base weapon, and add attachments to it, like Scopes, laser lights and the like, using the CK.

I want to take an armor piece, and add modifications to it, like what ever color options come with the armor, or protections, or attachments to certain armor pieces, using the CK.

I noticed someone else made a comment, and as of having not read it yet, I don't know how to use the CK to do it.

Also check out as a basic reference this script AspirationalAddItemScript.psc in Data/Scripts folder. An item can reconstruct itself onLoad, for example.

ps. Looked in a mod, well, very simple. Make one ObjectTemplate combination, set default, attach omod for each ap (not modcol). If to attach modcol, then it'll spawn randomly. I don't remember exactly though, if changing base form omod to another will affect existing gear, just try.

Hey thanks for the reply =^_^=

But if you could come at it from the perspective that I know next to nothing (aside from deleting or adding things to world spaces, or editing NPC inventories) That would be awesome. :)

Yeah.. there's never anyhing simple indeed and CK is a complete holy mess. Look at your mods in XEdit, it's also a mess, but more focused and "wireframy". Just beware of AddOnIndex be other than -1 in an Object Template.

Well, in short. Gotta copy a piece of gear, add/replace <Include> attachments (OMOD) to default Obj Template Combination, set/modify whatever desired Properties, add/modify whatever desired Enchantments, then make it appear in world - place or make a crafting recipe for Chemlab or Cooking. Or may edit original base entity to spread changes all around.

OMODs (Object modification) must have same Attach Parent slot and type as base item and suitable Mod association keywords (if any), in order to be actually applied.

Regarding weapons, from what i remember was curious when setting Object Effect or Enchantment. If spell is FireAndForget/Touch, then it counts as hit effect, if spell is ConstantEffect/Self, then applies to wearer.

For very start and better understanding, may try to construct a modifiable magical ring of any cheatness grade, from nearly scratch. Like add new attach point, create OMODs for it with various effects, make recipes for item and OMODs to be available in Armor station, then may tinker with ModAssoc keywords. That's actually robust system and entertaining if to dig deeper.

Regarding scripts. Don't need to create your own and be an expert coder for every single occassion. There is a set of Default general purpose scripts, any other existing script may be reused too (e.g. as above example, it may be simply attached to any object and will create gear with attachments of choice), with only a basic knowledge.

ps.

Here is an elegant tool to create a "standard issue" set of gear - CustomItemQuest. CustomItemQuestScript is a flexible one, all you need is to copy the quest, provide aliases or destination references (may be Player only), refill script array, create FormLists with attachments, and possibly tailor a manager to control the quest flow or just make the quest StartGameEnabled and all stages RunOnStart (apply CreationClub:StartAfterCharGenScript in this case). So that entire mod may consist of a single quest, without any intervention into other forms. Assuming there's enough good will to investigate basics of how that all works, then wouldn't be very hard.

Edited by hereami