Just a question about load order

BigDaddyRat

Well, that doesn't really help me. I know that if you have say, mod A, then it has an update, mod B, it would overwrite mod A which I think, means it goes AFTER mod A in Vortex. Vortex usually recommends it's placement. What I need to know is if Vortex DOESN'T recommend whether if goes before or after, and in a mod description it says to load above a mod or below a mod in load order, does loading it ABOVE the mod mean BEFORE the mod or AFTER? That is where I'm confused. LO number doesn't mean much to me since I use Vortex and can't manually change the LO number. It's not like the old Nexus Mod Manager where you could drag a mod above another mod or below it to change LO.

I think that you are trying too hard. Look at my answer again, above and before are the exact same thing... This also means that below and after are also twins, just the opposite pair. Above/before - gets overwritten, below/after - overwrites. So, the mod that you want (or the mod page suggests) to overwrite will be placed BELOW the other in the LO, so that it will load AFTER that mod and overwrite it.

You can get Vortex to manually move mods, but it is not intuitive (to me, at least). You need to have the Dependencies column active in your mods window, then you click-hold on the little "tree" symbol, and drag it to the mod you want to load before or after. Once you have dragged it, you should get a dialog that will allow you to select which one loads before the other. The same process applies to the plugin page, you can use the dependencies to force a specific load order. The problem with this method lies in dragging across a large LO, or mod list, I don't know if there is a shorter way to do it.

You can access the Vortex discussion/question threads by going to the basic Nexus Mods home page, and clicking on the forums access there. There are voices there that are much more versed in responding to Vortex questions and problems.