Hair bug? Clipping through head?

Maldaraan92

Hey der, im hoping someone has experienced something similar to the bug i am facing so i can know where to start troubleshooting.

Anyways some of the vanilla hair is i guess clipping through NPCs and my players head. If i get right up in an NPCs grill the hair is normal but the further away i get the worse it is.

Maybe its the High Poly Head mod but its not being overwritten by anything

That's a known issue with High Poly Head. Some vanilla hair meshes don't fit High Poly Head.

Currently, as a mod user, there isn't much you can do about it. The only thing you can do is select a different hair style, that doesn't clip.

That's a known issue with High Poly Head. Some vanilla hair meshes don't fit High Poly Head.

Currently, as a mod user, there isn't much you can do about it. The only thing you can do is select a different hair style, that doesn't clip.

Dang that stinks but thank you for the answer!

Incase anybody else runs into this problem, the mod High Poly Vanilla Hair by Macxhiin fixed the clipping for the hair on my player character but unfortunately it doesnt cover all the hair in the game and it doesnt affect NPC hair either but atleast some hair is fixed

Edited by Maldaraan92

• 2 years later...

GOD DAMMIT GUYS!! The fix is as simple as stupid - when creating the character in Race menu you need to go to HEAD, scroll to the Face part and set the value up from 1 (which is Skyrim.esm set by default) up to 3+ (which will set to HighPolyHead esms).
Basically it's not the clipping bug, it's just vanilla head is set by default and the hair mod that meant to high poly is covered by low poly vanilla head 🤦‍♂️

Found out by this video give this dude some appreciation and love

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1