Dragon won't burn @ Watchtower

Slavemaster4u

I started a new character player. A Brit. Did Bleakfalls quest. Got quest to kill dragon @ watchtower. Killed dragon.

Searched dead dragon. Irilith says everyone take cover. Dragon doesn't brn, no soul absorbed. Irilith and guards are cowering nearby. I repeated this with 3 new characters. Imperial, Nord, Redguard. Did a file valadation. No problems found. Checked load order. Everything checked and in right order. Also, did Nord with al 3rd party mods deactivated and running only the DLCs. Have all DLCs. Running Legendary edition bought though steam. Game is up to date. Running Wn. 7 x64. Any solutions or thoughts appreciated.

Here's better detail of what I have tried;

First found problem with new character created with mods running. Then did the following;

1) deactivated and removed all mods. Only DLCs from Betheda active (Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn, and HiRes). Deleted skyrim.ini & skyrimprefs.ini.

2) Launched game, checked DLC, all DLC active.

3) Ran game, created new character, (Nord, Male)

4) Did riverwood quest to whiterun, did bleekfalls, then got watchtower quest. All was fine. Got to point where need to kill dragon, I kill dragon. Told to investigate dragon, did that. Dragon doesn't ignite no soul absorbed. Irilith is heard telling everyone to get back at point of kill. I can see irilith and the guards cowering, and one guard even says "You must be Dragonborn". Everything else about game is running fine. I left Irilith and the guards there and completed a few other quest. Totally confused on this one. Even did a file validation, no problems there either.

Game is a legal purchase through steam, is legendary edition, is fully updated. I'm clueless, can't think of reason or solution.

Georgiegril; did a save right after kill. will reload that save. See if it fixes.

Ripple; not running boss. And this ocures even with no mods installed except DLCs from Betheda.

Georgiegril; Am going to start new character with no mods, only DLCs. Since you said you did a reload without quiting game. And I

have quit game since that occurance. I'll report my findings. Thanks to all for input.

First, this will b a little long. Want everyone as confused as I am.

Georgiegril; Tried your fix three ways with a hard save no mods except official game DLCs.

I save right after kill, on the spot. Loaded that save, no go. Then loaded that save from main menu, no go, then quit game completely

and loaded that save, no go.

Here's where it gets interesting: Made it home last night. Wife stopped me @ the door and asked for my ID. I think she was trying

to tell me something. :ohmy: Anyhow, I have the game on my desktop, And steam sycs it through cloud.

But I decided to try something. I took ALL files pertaining to TESV and put them in new folder. Then copied and paster from laptop

to desktop. This includes invisible file in programdata and Appdata files. Then I open the pref files and corrected for # cores and

display size and graphics card type. NO other changes. The desktop game is now the same as laptop.

I loaded steam. Closed it to icon tray. Launched game from SKSI launcher. Loaded that SAME save. Ready for this.

Within a few seconds in game dragon burst into flames and soul absorbed. Totally confused.

Have high end laptop with i7 quad 2.5, 1gb dedicated nvida, 8gb ram. Desktop AMD 6 core 3.0, 2gb dedicated Radon, 12gb ram.

Laptop Skyrim launcher sets graphics to high and desktop to ultra. 17" full HD laptop, 32" full HD TV desktop.

Maybe, Skyrim don't like intel or Nvida. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :laugh: :laugh:

When you get back, get and use BOSS. Open the log, read it and take care of all the messages it gives you. That is 90% likely to solve your problem.

If it doesn't please copy/paste the text file of your BOSS log (you select to have text instead of html by clicking a checkbox in the BOSS GUI.) Enclose that in spoiler tags, which you can find in the pulldown menu of the 3rd icon to the left on the top toolbar.