jealous houses

Paarthurnax66

Hi to all the Nexus users,

First of all sorry for my bad English.

I have a strange problem with my game.
I am a collector so I need to have several houses with many mannequins and weapons racks.

For weeks I had the Skyfall Estate mod active without having any problems, the game always worked.

However, I still had some armor to display, so I searched for a new home in the dedicated mod section.

I've installed several, obviously one at a time, but I always had the same problem: the game crashed when

I entered their armories, even if it was the first time I accessed them and therefore they were empty.

Obviously these houses were found everywhere in Skyrim, in different fiefdoms, so they did not go directly to clash with the Skyfall.

Eventually I managed to get Jaggarsfeld up and running but suddenly the Skyfall Estate stopped working.

I was no longer able to access the basement, the game crashed to the desktop.

I've tried to figure out what the problem was, and maybe I understood: I had activated a mod dedicated to the civil war that

decorated the surroundings of Witerun with the remains of the siege.

I took it off, the Skyfall started working again, but I still had another crash going from the basement to the ground floor.

I then emptied the house and eliminated.

I've installed the Dragon's Blood Castel mod and was able to access the armory, filled it with weapons and armor and ran some tests - everything works flawlessly.

But I had the same problem as before: I still have armor and weapons to display.

So I've reinstalled the Jaggarsfeld and tried to access the Dragon's Blood Castle armory again, unable to do so anymore.

The game crashes to the desktop.

Removed the Jaggarsfeld mod, the DB Castle armory is back in operation.
I'm sure that if I try any new home, the DB Castle armory won't work anyway.

In fact I've tried to install a random smal cottage near Markhart (DB Castle is located in Whiterun) and the Armory doesn't work anymore.

I can't explain this to myself, is it possible that there is some limit in the number of mannequins you can have in the game, even if they are contained in houses miles away from each other?

I even managed to find a splendid mod, Dovahkiin Warehouse and Armory that concentrated a

large number of mannequins in one place,

thus solving the problem of having multiple houses and crashing each other,

but with this active mod I was no longer able to save the game without crashing to the desktop,

and I'm not talking about saving inside the estate, but even on the opposite side of the Whiterun fiefdom.

Can someone help me?

Edited by Paarthurnax66

This can have several causes:

1. Issues with your save game: First of all, I'd test your current setup with a new game. Test, if the issues persist in a new game. If they do, it's a mod problem. Otherwise it's a problem with your save game. Technically, mannequins are some sort of containers. The content of containers OFC needs to be saved - so this is data, that gets baked into your save game. If you change or uninstall mods, you'll get orphaned or mismatched data - which CAN lead to crashes.

If the problem is also there with a new game, it's time to check option 2:

Mod conflicts: If multiple mods use mannequins, chances are high, that they share some mannequin resources. Now if some mod attaches additional scripts to these mannequins or uses them in a different way than another mod, you can get issues.

So, check for mod conflicts. The most thorough way would be to load all your mods in XEdit. Then expand one of your housing mods and look for conflicts. Conflicts will be shown in orange (if the record in question "wins") or red (if the record gets overwritten). This way, you can get an idea, where you have conflicting data. Depending on the situation, changing your load order or creating a patch would be the solution.

Another important tool are advanced mod managers like MO2 or Vortex. They will show you conflicts between files added by mods and also let you choose, which mod should "win" the conflict. Have a close look at these conflicts and maybe change your overwrite rules in your mod manager.

Before you examine mod conflicts, you should check with a new game though. Looking for mod conflicts is pointless, if those conmflicts aren't the real problem at all...