How to use High Poly Head 1.4 in Skyrim LE?

Ben30NYC

Hey guys,

I'm modding Skyrim LE (Steam) with latest Vortex.

I have installed the required prerequisites:

RaceMenu (LE, SE)
Expressive Facegen Morphs (LE, SE) [optional]
- This doesn't seem to work. I haven't noticed any polygon improvements in RaceMenu char edit.
Expressive Facial Animation Male Edition (LE, SE) [optional]
Expressive Facial Animation Female Edition (LE, SE) [optional]
I have also installed the main High Poly Head 1.4 to see if it works w/out prerequisites. No results.
Could someone please guide me what's the proper installation to see both mods working on Skyrim LE:
High Poly Head 1.4
Expressive Facegen Morphs

Since this is a question about LE, you should probably better ask in the LE forums.

Anyway... First of all, make sure you got the LE versions of everything you need installed. That includes High Poly Head itself. There's a LE and a SE version. Make sure you got the right one.

Maybe it's really simple: High poly head isn't used "automatically" in Racemenu. If you load a character preset for Vanilla heads in Racemenu (or choose one of the Vanilla presets), you won't see a high poly head. To use it, you have to deliberately switch to the new head mesh. If I remember right, the option is somewhere in the "head" tab. There's a slider for "head parts" (or something like this). If High Poly Head is installed, you should be able to select it.

Since this is a question about LE, you should probably better ask in the LE forums.

Anyway... First of all, make sure you got the LE versions of everything you need installed. That includes High Poly Head itself. There's a LE and a SE version. Make sure you got the right one.

Maybe it's really simple: High poly head isn't used "automatically" in Racemenu. If you load a character preset for Vanilla heads in Racemenu (or choose one of the Vanilla presets), you won't see a high poly head. To use it, you have to deliberately switch to the new head mesh. If I remember right, the option is somewhere in the "head" tab. There's a slider for "head parts" (or something like this). If High Poly Head is installed, you should be able to select it.

Ah, I see. So it could be I installed it properly but didn't select it from RaceMenu. I'll try that.

Also, do you mind posting the link to the Head Mesh you're speaking about. Thank you!

Ah, I see. So it could be I installed it properly but didn't select it from RaceMenu. I'll try that.

Also, do you mind posting the link to the Head Mesh you're speaking about. Thank you!

Regarding that link you're talking about: That's a bit of a misunderstanding.

In fact, I was talking about Vectorplexus' High Poly Head vs. the Vanilla head mesh. I don't use anything else. From your first post I assume you already have the High Poly Head by Vectorplexus.

What I meant: When you got High Poly Head by Vectorplexus (or any other mod, that adds new head meshes) installed, you should see multiple "head parts" options in Racemenu: As I said, it's a slider in the "head" tab. Some of these options are simply Vanilla heads (that's what I was talking about), others are from High Poly Head. Again, high poly head meshes aren't applied to your presets automatically. You need to actively change the head mesh to use the high poly variant.

Here's a pic to illustrate what I'm talking about. BTW, this is from LE.

https://imgur.com/a/wAlcBen

Thank you. The pic definitely helps. And yes I'm using the latest VectorPlexus High Poly Head 1.4 with Skyrim Anniversary, latest SKSE and Vortex.

Let me reinstall it and get back to you if I see that option in the slider.

Regarding that link you're talking about: That's a bit of a misunderstanding.

In fact, I was talking about Vectorplexus' High Poly Head vs. the Vanilla head mesh. I don't use anything else. From your first post I assume you already have the High Poly Head by Vectorplexus.

What I meant: When you got High Poly Head by Vectorplexus (or any other mod, that adds new head meshes) installed, you should see multiple "head parts" options in Racemenu: As I said, it's a slider in the "head" tab. Some of these options are simply Vanilla heads (that's what I was talking about), others are from High Poly Head. Again, high poly head meshes aren't applied to your presets automatically. You need to actively change the head mesh to use the high poly variant.

Here's a pic to illustrate what I'm talking about. BTW, this is from LE.

https://imgur.com/a/wAlcBen