Skyrim SE with FSR a game changer

strawbqwerty

So I may be the last person in the entire universe to come across this. But if I for some reason am not then this may be news for others.

Older games like Skyrim do not have FSR support built in. There is a app that will apply FSR when you run the game. The benefit is you can run your game at 1080 p and FSR will upscale to your monitor resolution. Down side is a very minor loss in fine detail in game. The result is a huge increase in fps. I have a Vega frontier and I was getting on average 30 fps out side with fairly heavily modded graphics. I have gained on average 20 fps. Interiors are even more. On average I was getting 40-50 fps, now 70-110 fps The app is called Magpie and you get it from git hub. There is a you tube video giving all the details.

https://youtu.be/2g4FCcmRp4w

On the git hub page look for the version 6 English Magpie. There is a few iterations and that is the one you want. FSR can be used with AMD or NVidia

For Sky rim do use injector set at runtime as you have a different cursor in game and you may end up with two. For AMD make sure Radeon image sharpening is enabled (or it may be more than a minor loss in fine detail ). Enter the game as you would normally with the resolution set to 1080 p then press alt f11 and the resolution will upscale, also if you have a fps metrics showing you should notice a increase. That increase will of course vary with your game set up and your gpu.