Infinite pop up error

carlbotha

My game was working fine up until I added a set of mods, at first there was no issue but then stopped playing for the day and came back later on, loaded up my save but then i get stuck with infinite pop up notifications.(they say something along the lines of i need to find blank at blank or that i attempted to escape prison)

i then remove the mods i recently added and used the purge mods function in vortex(idk if it does anything) and still the same issue after i remove the mods

before I added the mods i only had immersive and adult cbbe conversion collection. it worked fine enough

if you know any fixes id really appreciate the help

The only really safe "fix" would be to go back to a save BEFORE you added the mods, that gave you trouble.

The problem is, scripts and a lot of other stuff get baked into your save games. Even if you remove mods, there will still be some remnants of them in your save, I think, that's what happened to you.

OFC, there are save game cleaners like this one. Problem is, fiddling around with a save game is always risky. Save game cleaners could "repair" your save - or destroy it (which might not be apparent immediately...). So, if you care about your save game and your playthrough, go back to a save before the trouble started.

The only really safe "fix" would be to go back to a save BEFORE you added the mods, that gave you trouble.

The problem is, scripts and a lot of other stuff get baked into your save games. Even if you remove mods, there will still be some remnants of them in your save, I think, that's what happened to you.

OFC, there are save game cleaners like this one. Problem is, fiddling around with a save game is always risky. Save game cleaners could "repair" your save - or destroy it (which might not be apparent immediately...). So, if you care about your save game and your playthrough, go back to a save before the trouble started.

nah its broken all my saves right from the start even unmodded saves

If all of your saves appear to be broken, it's very likely a mod problem. Mods, however "bad" they may be, can't retroactively change saves.

It's very likely you still got some remains of the mods, that caused the issue, installed. I'd check that. Also, verifying your game files with Steam might be a good idea.

TBH, I don't use collections. But can't you reinstall a collection? Maybe that would be helpful, too.

If all of your saves appear to be broken, it's very likely a mod problem. Mods, however "bad" they may be, can't retroactively change saves.

It's very likely you still got some remains of the mods, that caused the issue, installed. I'd check that. Also, verifying your game files with Steam might be a good idea.

TBH, I don't use collections. But can't you reinstall a collection? Maybe that would be helpful, too.

thank you for your suggestions, im just gonna give up and start completely fresh. collections work on there own on the surface level but that's about it. it seams all of the mods sorta collapsed on its self lol