[HELP] Regulation.bin file caused "Failed to Save" Error

ldhyper

Hi guys,

I have a problem where I cannot use any mods with a modded regulation.bin.

When I manually installed a mod and replaced the regulation.bin file, the game will give me the infamous 'Failed to save, save file is corrupted' and I can't access the title screen's main menu.

Restoring the default regulation.bin file will fix the problem, but of course the mods won't load.

Modengine2 faced the same problem.

I have no idea what's causing this. I've tried things like giving admin permissions, changing start_protected_game.exe name, offline mod, anticheat disabled, deleting appdata save folder, patching updates...etc., nothing seems to work. I can't seemed to find a solution anywhere.

Please help.

Thanks a million

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, so for anyone still interested.

UPDATE: I made a little bit of progress (kind of)

I imported the csv of the modded regulation bin onto the original one, and then copy and paste the modded-original regulation bin into modengine2's mod folder. Open it using the modengine2 launcher, and it should resolve the "Failed to saved" issue, since I guess it's still the "original" and the IDs match or something.

However, while the game becomes playable, the mod still doesn't properly work. Ex: the Grand Merchant menu will show up with Kale, but it's completely empty and there's nothing for you to buy. After multiple times reinstalling the mod (via merging bin), I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or if there's still something wrong with the original regulation bin.

Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong, otherwise it's back to testing.