Making Fallout 3 a decent FPS

RAVYOLY

To be honest, FO3 fails as both RPG and FPS, it's half decent in both, but not good in either one. RPG side lacks lots of choices and character depth, while the FPS side, was and still is to some extent, hindered by the autoaim and ingame mechanics. Custom weapons/animations are the only thing we can ever get true ironsight working with, while completely disabling the autoaim. The roleplaying depth on the other hand is being worked on by lots of our great modders. Overall FO3 was mediocre in everything it tried, but it is steadily getting better. Hopefully we'll have the tools to start fullscale animation modding soon.

Once the tools get a bit more development and the new generation modders get to full speed, we can expect this game to rise from mediocre to amazing. The mods already available have done huge improvements to the original game.

The only real thing I'm hoping for is that Bethesda does something about the game instability, or some modders get working on it and provide some crash prevention systems like those that have been popping for Oblivion.

:rolleyes:

"OMG ITS AN ACTION RPG GAIZ! THE ACTION IS SUPPOSED TO BE SHITTY, OMG OTHERWISE UR DOIN IT RWONG GAIZ!! OMG!'

I'll try that AAF thing and report back on my findings.

Hey, calm down pal, and think or read the posts again because we were not saying that.

The two main things ud like to see with relation to this r an iron sights mid espevually one for fook and a prone mod just for a bit more shooter like action when i want it im getting pretty tired of the stupid zoom in on the batrel wgen in first person but wud like ti keep just the raised gun in third person

Archived