Essentially Unessential NPCs

Rockatanskiy

In a vast and open game like this, I like to see realism. If I wanted to, I should be able to blow Doctor Li, Elder Lyons, or even your Dad, to smithereens. Obviously, that calls for a basic unessential mod. However, I also like to hold the power when I'm playing Fallout 3. I want to be the one to slaughter them, and I don't want them dying when I don't want that to happen. If I so choose, I want to bash James' face in while walking back from vault 112, but I don't want him to be torn apart by a stray deathclaw, dig?

Basically, can someone make it so that you can kill essential NPCs, but anyone else will just cause them to go unconscious like normal.

I'm trying to play as the token bad guy, but it's not really working so well. I just got to the GNR plaza with plans to kill everyone there, but what's the point of mini-nuking the whole area when half of the BOS there will get back up again?

In a vast and open game like this, I like to see realism. If I wanted to, I want to be able to blow Doctor Li, Elder Lyons, or even your Dad, to smithereens. Obviously, that calls for a basic unessential mod. However, I also like to hold the power when I'm playing Fallout 3. I want to be the one to slaughter them, and I don't want them dying when I don't want that to happen. If I so choose, I want to bash James' face in while walking back from vault 112, but I don't want him to be torn apart by a stray deathclaw, dig?

Basically, can someone make it so that you can kill essential NPCs, but anyone else will just cause them to go unconscious like normal.

I'm trying to play as the token bad guy, but it's not really working so well. I just got to the GNR plaza with plans to kill everyone there, but what's the point of mini-nuking the whole area when half of the BOS there will get back up again?

I dont think thats possible on a easy way. Perhaps with some more complex scripting. I suggest to add a Dialogue Topic to switch Essential OFF/ON, that's easy to do. So if you wanna kill someone, turn essential off via Dialogue and beng.

However, you need the Base Object Reference Name to change essential status.

or dialogue result script:

ref npcREF

set npcREF to getself

SetEssential npcREF 1/0

However, this seem to work, but I encountered it to be a bit of buggy too.

Archived