WiP: Enclave Power Armor

DMorgado

Hey,

Hate to tell you, but imo it looks way to slik and refined for FO2 Enclave PA. Its missing that typical Fallout "crude mechanics doing highly advanced stuff" flair.

How do you mean, care to explain, and show references?

Although I do agree that It ain't looking 50's enough (again I'll adress this on the future model), looking at the references from FO2, the Advanced PA didn't have any kind of "crude mechanics).

For instance, on the original games on the BoS PA, you can clearly see the rotation joints of the parts and etc. However on the enclave armor, there doesn't seem to be any of that, which led me to assume that they are hidden or beneath the jumpsuit.

Keep those kind of critics coming (especially if they are about making stuff more fallouty), even if I don't adress them on this model, I'll probably do it on the next one :)

The Enclave had 100+ years since the War to improve on the design, the BOS were just reusing what they had before the war

Oh and here's a recent picture that was released that would help you, on where to place the tubes.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=3655

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its looking awesome, can't wait to see it textured.

That remind's me, What colour are you texturing the Advanced Power Armor in?

IIRC, It was shown in several colours. There was:

Ingame - Black

Talking heads - Desert-Yellow

Intro - Grey Urban-Camo Colours

Main Menu - Grey

Actually the in-game one is dark green+yellow undersuit, with the helmet in dark grey, and the talking heads are light grey (they appear yellowish due to the desert background).

I was thinking of doing the dark green+yellow, with the helmet and upper layer of the shoulders in grey (like in the talking heads).

I might do several versions since re-coloring is easy

Awesome! Exactly the power armor that enclave in Fallout 3 need! That current bethesda's enclave power armor looks crap.. for crying out loud why is chest and legs so big and arms so thin? That kind of power armor is just meh on a enclave trooper.. good thing someone decided to make the right power armor for the enclave, a power armor from Fallout 2.. AWESOME! It has big arm muscles and legs, fitting chest, that neck thing and that awesome intimidating insect's helmet.. that armor is gonna rock big time. :thumbsup: Good job mate.. waiting for that armor to be released. Be sure you fellas make a good texture for that armor. :thumbsup: