Alexandria Arms Crash

Kriazerie

• 8 months later...

I'm having exactly the same problem. FO3 has been running flawlessly with my latest playthrough. I've cut down the mod list, etc and performance is great. I've had 2 minor crashes in 24 hours worth of play. I can go into Alexandria Arms, but the raider infested ruins to the left of Alexandria Arms; if I got close it instantly CTD. I'm able to 'tfc' in the console and look at the area... it doesn't crash when that happens. Really odd. Anyone able to help?

If you mean the Raider camp south of the Flooded Metro there, had the same problem myself... Never did figure out what was causing it so I would just avoid the area. After doing the Nuka Cola plant and Red Racer factory, there wasn't much reason to go there. Would just sell my books to the scribe in the Library there and leave the way I came.

Thought it might have had something to do with either a bugged trigger or a Brotherhood patrol that goes through the area. There was always one of them standing around under the freeway just east of the camp and whenever I got near him, the game would crash. Tried moving him and a couple other things but no luck.

On my current second playthrough, I was pretty leery of the area but I was able to enter and leave without incident. So, I'm thinking something gets set later in the game that causes the problem. Whether it's quest-related or what I have no idea but a solution would be nice so it doesn't happen again if I try to get to that metro later on.

I was wondering about Brotherhood patrols... I'm using BoS DC Ruins Patrols, but I still don't see how it would effect anything. All patrols are running as normal. I just wish I knew exactly what it was. Next to the raider camp there are a lot of vehicles bunched together. It's always satisfying to blow them up, haha! Prehaps doing say left a lot of.... 'mess'.

Maybe that 'mess' is what's causing the trouble? Perhaps the game's crashing trying to sort what piece of junk is higher on the pile of all the other junk?

It's too bad though cuz it was one of the raider camps I used to enjoy attacking... Until the problem started! :laugh:

One other thing I thought might have been a problem though was one of the raiders the game's trying to spawn being bugged in some way - possibly one of the ones on the pedestrian overpass?

Good luck nailing much of anything as the cause though, I'm hardly an expert at this sort of thing!