Getting Black and purple textures

qualadutyblackops

When i enter interiors inside cities like riften, the textures of pretty much anything ( but not all at once) turn purple or pitch black. Ive used optimizer textures and disabled SSAO on my enb to add more memory. This doesnt happen when entering interiors from outside like caves, which baffles be because im pretty sure being outside uses the most memory

Purple usually means a texture is corrupt or missing, black usually means a texture either doesn't have working mipmaps or you don't have enough memory available. In rare cases even purple textures can also be caused by a lack of memory.

I don't know if that information will prove useful, but it does seem like there may be more of a problem than just a memory shortage.

What are your PC's specs?

Edited by Rennn

Purple usually means a texture is corrupt or missing, black usually means a texture either doesn't have working mipmaps or you don't have enough memory available. In rare cases even purple textures can also be caused by a lack of memory.

I don't know if that information will prove useful, but it does seem like there may be more of a problem than just a memory shortage.

What are your PC's specs?

I agree 100% with Rennn. This sort of thing usually indicates something underlying. Rather let me rephrase that: An underlying problem far more serious/involved than a lack of memory. In one such instance of this, I saw it happening because of GPU driver corruption. In another instance, when it happened to me, it was my GPU (Video Card) artifacting because it was overheating (old card ATI Radeon HD 5670 I think it was). Indeed what are your specs?

Edited by Reaper0021

I had a problem with purple textures a while ago, not like yours though... no black textures... but i fixed my problems by deleting both skyrim/prefs.inis' and runing the master launcher... worth a shot