Modded SKSE Skyrim crashes on new game

Werebear92

Hello everyone,

I recently installed some mods using Vortex and started new game. I am lauching Skyrim AE through SKSE loader and it was crashing right on screen everytime in different part of story but usually before carriage loads itself or straight after however some minutes ago i launched game again and it suddenly came to sense hence i was able to make my way to Helgen and create my character. Now game crashes during execution or last time i got stuck with bug that Alduin was flying around and didnt land that made executioner stuck it his position.

Please see attached crashed dump file for more details.

Thank you in advance for any kind of help as i am getting desperated and really just want to enjoy game.

That's quite a common problem. The intro is heavily scripted. The game engine is already under high pressure. If your game is also heavily modded, mods are initializing, distributing items, creating MCM entries and what not at the same time. So, the opening scene with a modded game is an absolute "stress test". Crashes and hiccups are to be expected - even if there are no real mod conflicts or bugs. Sad, but true: Playing the Vanilla intro is often impossible with large load orders - although these might work perfectly fine otherwise.

There are workarounds though:

1. You can use "Alternate Start". You can choose to start without the intro - or you can give your mods some time to initialize and then choose to play the Vanilla intro. Often this already helps.

2. If you absolutely want to play Helgen, you could also start with a more or less unmodded game. Vortex (and AFAIK also MO 2) allow the use of different profiles. You could start with an unmodded "Vanilla" profile (or with only some basic mods - especially those, that you need for character creation), play through Helgen, save your game and then switch to the fully modded profile.

Hello everyone,

Thanks again for your advices. In the end i decided to play vanilla intro only with character creation mod. Immediately after leaving the cave i saved the game and tried to load modded profile in Nexus. After that game loaded but crashed to desktop straight after i was able to see my character. I downloaded SSE Engine Fixes mod pushed it to my vortex and second file to folder where Skyrim is installed but now game wont load at all with error message SKSE/Trampoline.h(187): Failed to handle allocation request and could not inject DLL. Tried to google this error but could not find any possible solution.

Edited by Werebear92

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

After investigation i downloaded LOOT and SSEEDIT software, used it to clear all red and yellow files that appeared in LOOT however issue is still the same. When i launch game using SKSE loader i can load my save but it crashes once i can see my character and mods starts to load on left upper corner of screen. Please see attached Vortex diagnostic report in ZIP and Mod list. Also please dont hesitate to tell me if any other diagnostic report is needed.

I appreciate any help as getting very desperate already and only want to enjoy AE with some mods.

Edited by Werebear92