Pistol Holster

eleglas

Can someone make me a pistol holster like in the picture below.

It should be black and look just like this, I'm not bothered about the strap at the top, but feel free to do it if you want, it can just be a mesh if you want, but it couldn't hurt to put some textures on it too.

http://www.safetygearhq.com/images/airsoft-guns-holster-right-side.jpg

Thanks guys, I appreciate this.

I'm actually having a go at making a holster now...but I'm learning how to model and its my first attempt, so dont wait for me :P If I can get it to work I'll resize it for the various pistols

It wont look like that though its based on the dummy one from the armored vault suit, I've basically made it bigger, rotated it and binned the rest of the suit..

does anyone have a link to any good tutorials on how to get it working in game?

edit: just found some video ones...will have a look at them although I'd rather have something I can read and refer to...

well I just got a working holster in game :)

trouble is it animates wrong...I think I attached it to the wrong body part...Try again, lol

I think I'm getting there though...

gonna need someone to texture it though

thats enough for today

I have this..so far

but I really cant get it to animate properly :wallbash: like I said, its my first model and I dont really know what I'm doing.. looks Ok when standing but not when moving or crouching

If I can get it to work properly then altering the shape for different pistols should be easy

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/j...pg?t=1240229249

you might want to take a look at how to skin/rig an armor if you want to do it this way to make the thing move with the body... an animation is poointless for that except you want the pc to open the holster before taking the gun out

a better method would be to give each pistol a seperate "backpack" like the ammo pack the minigun has similiar to the scabbards in oblivion

thats what I'm trying to do, lol...

giving each pistol a separate backpack would still need the meshes making and rigging...

I suspect I'll be better off getting rid of the skeleton etc and starting again from scratch..

It would be nice to know which bone a holstered pistol is attached to...

Archived