Crashing when entering Bannered Mare

Martina1107

I'm having an issue where I am crashing whenever I enter the Bannered Mare with an "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION". I am not very well versed in reading the crash log as I'm quite new to modding and I can't use .NET Framework as I'm playing on Skyrim AE. I've attached a copy of the crash log, could someone help me decipher what's happening to cause the crash?

https://pastebin.com/6pySrFuC

Thanks!

TBH, I'm not good with crash logs. AFAIK, "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" is a very common crash message, that can mean a lot of things.

Maybe some testing coudl help:

If the crash always occurs in the Bannered Mare, it's probably something in there, that causes it. This could be a mod changing interiors, but also some NPC or follower placed there - or a bugged quest connected with the location. Maybe it's also a problem with remnants from a now uninstalled mod, that are still baked into your save game.

What you can do:

1. Test with a new game. If you CTD with a new game, too, it's very likely a mod issue. Otherwise it's probably your save game.

2. If it's a mod issue: Uninstall/disable mods, that change something about the Bannered Mare, until you finmd the culprit.