Newbie Question

MontanaBlueSkies

I was making a new outfit (BadAss CowGirl) for the Malo bodytype as my first foray into FO3 modding. As I worked on the outfit which involved cutting the body meshe, I noticed that it exported ok, but it got pronounced distortion around UV seams, mostly on the shoulders and down the spine. I assumed for a bit I was doing something wrong on export and continued making the outfit. When the outfit was near complete, I set about trying to fix the problem. So far no luck on that. I've found that if you just load the malo body in max and export it with no changes the same thing occurs.

Anybody have any thoughts on this, or can you point me at a current related discussion. I'm dl'ing the type 3 body now to see if the problem persists.

Thanks in advance

Live Free

Montana

If you have installed Malos Nude Body, you dont get any problems on the UV-Map.

Bevor and after export ist works. This Body use a different Map as the original one. If you use Type 3 or an other one

as base bodyreplacer , you get this "bug".

OK heres a lttle more info. Its not the UV that gets messed up on the malo body its the normals. Down the spine and along the arms mostly. It causes a seam like effect. Probably could fix this by hand but it would be tedious.

The type 3 body doesnt do this, but it has a problem of its own which is worse. It gets a glossy uneven wet look when imported into max and then exported. Not sure at the moment whats causing this.

Both of these problems show up if you just import and export without making any changes. Probably some kind of import problem with the new niftools plugin for fallout 3.

Maybe I'm all wet on this or making a mistake somewhere, but I dont see it if I am. Any help would be appreciated.

Montana

Well after several hours of effort, I believe I have solved the Malo problem. It seems that you should not set max to "auto smooth" on import. Not sure on this yet, but it now allows me to import the malo body meshe, and then export it with no changes, and it works properly in-game.

i'll have to go back to square 1 to see if it solves all problems, but its at least a start.

Montana

Archived