What About a Ghillie Suit

Varithgar

Hello, Modders, Moddlers and any other -ers out there (Keep it within reason =p), I have looked around everywhere that I could and have been bashing my head against walls (sorta like this guy --> :wallbash: ), so decided to edit a 'Oasis Druid' texture and opacity map (if thats what you call it) in Fallout 3 and I have absolutely failed and have no idea how to ceate meshes because the Blender and NIFSkope stuff looks way to complicated and I would get too confused. So I was wondering if anyone culd create a 'Ghillie Suit/Outfit, Obvisously not a modern ghillie suit because Fallout 3 is set in the 1940's/50's, and not the 20th Century. Mabe a muddy/grassy texture and a heavily grassy mesh so I can blend in with the environment when i'm sniping and happily killing people (with my SVD Dragunov), Creatures etc. Thats about it =).

:thanks: ,

Varithgar

P.S. If you don't know what I mean by a ghillie suit is, take a look at the attachment.

I second this.

I've been searching for someone to create a ghillie suit for a while for my sniper mod.

I think the best (easiest) way to go about doing this would be to take some piece of armor or clothing and then simply attach the preformed wasteland shrubs to it.

Cs K

I like the idea of this, could also add an increase to stealth and stuff.

Ohh BTW I really need to do this, read your post and the bit quoted below:

because Fallout 3 is set in the 1940's/50's, and not the 20th Century.

Now I don't mean to be mean and horrible, but the 1940's and 50's ARE in the 20th Century lol, we today are in the 21st.

PS: NaboeN; I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but if you know that these requests have been requested before could you either show us the threads that they were requested in or don't say anything, cos it doesn't help when you say "this has been requested before" infact that made me sorry for this request cos if it has been requested before, it may mean that it cannot be made or something and it doesn't help, humor us and don't tell people that!

take some piece of armor or clothing and then simply attach the preformed wasteland shrubs to it.

nope... the shrubs are speedtree entities and not really meshes and therefore not usable for that endavour apart from the fact that it would look like crap... take some armor and add a bunch of planes all around it and give them a nice camo texture just like the real suit...

btw there is no fricking time problem bout ghillie suits at all... those were invented ages ago by some cattle guards in scotland to be able to sneak up on thieves

btw there is no fricking time problem bout ghillie suits at all... those were invented ages ago by some cattle guards in scotland to be able to sneak up on thieves

Nothing really productive, but...

Those must have been some pretty bad-ass cattle guards

If you are referring to my post, I said that he was not the first one to request it.

This(ghillie suit), Pistol Holster, boobs, Katanas, pump action shotguns, ak's, m4/16's, overpowered FO1 / 2 weapons, Fallout 3 Multiplayer, rain, The Mjolnir suit from Halo, the helghast armor from Killzone, flashlights, <generic convert fo3 to this game so I don't have to buy it and I'm going to use the console to cheat through it anyways>-total conversion mod, Warhammer armors, sex, Star wars armor, light machine guns, DUAL WIELDING, Anime firearms, anime characters, anime SWORDS, anime HAIRSTYLES, DC before the war, Crysis Scar, Crysis Nanosuit, anything from Battlefield 2142, scars, wristmounted weapons, crossbows, going prone, hold breath for steadier aim AND drivable vehicles has been requested so many I times that if I bothered counting I *might* be done before Duke Nukem Forever is out.

Nevermind, Duke Nukem Forever won't come out.

EDIT: Don't mind the rest of this post that is after this line, I'm just using it as a note for a topic I will create later;

"people-who-cant-follow-install-instructions" mentioned by TGBlank

Archived