• New Zealand
    • Canada
    • Other, please specify

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Lived in Newfoundland, where my family is from.

Will spend the rest of my days in Colorado. :wub:

I grew up in a small country town in the middle of Australia, it was voted "the worst place to live in Australia" I didn't find it that bad.

eventually when I was 10 we moved to N.S.W (still in Australia) which is where I'm currently hanging out. I've never been out of Australia, i'd like to see some new places some day.

Germany.

As you can see, not everyones native language is english here. :biggrin: I learned it in school, such as french and russian. Also have lived in Canada for a long time so english is that easy for me that german is.

I have noticed in nany other threads and in file and image comments that people make fun of the spelling and grammar of other people every now and then. So this is the chance to point it out again: Not all of us here are native english speaking! Be happy that we try our best, otherwise try to learn OUR language and do it better!

Ha, that felt good. Really had to say this. Maybe one or two of these people who tend to make fun of others peoples language problems have read this... And to all the others: Sorry, this was not against you. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Originally from St. Louis, Missouri, United States, have lived and worked in several other states, three years in Germany, and am just now approaching my two-year mark in the Republic of Korea. Still don't speak Korean worth a damn... have learned how to communicate a lot via facial expressions and gestures.

@ Mavrosh - I still miss Schweinfurt... good times, there.

I learned it in school, such as french and russian.

I'd love to learn Russian, but unfortunately no-one I know speaks another language fluently enough to teach.

I have never been in Schwinfurt but I know where it is! :)

We are lucky that we have the possibily to learn languages in school here. My daugher is in third grade now and just started to learn english which is great I think. Back then I started in grade 5 with english, in grade 7 with french and in grade 11 with russian. I have done 13 years of school here. I can still understand and read russian but I am missing practice unfortunately. Send me to Russia and it comes back. My english got fluent when I lived in Canada for some time and my french got looots better as well, but it changed from french french to canadian french.

I know that for sure my english is not perfect and I do some grammar and spelling mistakes but I think, people can understand me. And I understand people. :)