Opening Tenpenny Tower

KristofferAG

It slightly annoys me that when seen from afar, Tenpenny Tower is so tall and there's so much light, but you can only access a few floors. I think that Tenpenny is, obviously, a small community with only select people, but I really want more people in more places. What I was thinking was, a mod opening up the other floors, or at least some of them. Some could be just with more apartments, others could be rooms purely for entertainment.

As far as I can tell, this hasn't been done. I also understand that children can't be put in Tenpenny, as they're "essential" and the ghouls can't kill 'em. But I'd still love to see a bigger community in Tenpenny Tower.

In a way i've done this. but i recreated the tower adding on a ton more exterior decoration then internally expanding the lobby cell large enough to race mole rats in..not..that i've done that..hehe.. anyways i've added 4 additional floors simply by copying the suites cells and tweaking them a bit so they can be different per lvl. i've alo expanded the top floor balcony and added a plank to push non-responsive slaves off of :whistling: . i could help make a mod like this for you but i am a noob as far as exporting mods goes and due to my extreme greed will not export the one i have already created lol.

In a way i've done this. but i recreated the tower adding on a ton more exterior decoration then internally expanding the lobby cell large enough to race mole rats in..not..that i've done that..hehe.. anyways i've added 4 additional floors simply by copying the suites cells and tweaking them a bit so they can be different per lvl. i've alo expanded the top floor balcony and added a plank to push non-responsive slaves off of :whistling: . i could help make a mod like this for you but i am a noob as far as exporting mods goes and due to my extreme greed will not export the one i have already created lol.

Oh you. That sounds pretty awesome. Myself, I have no idea how to add floors. How do you access the extra floors? And if you've done all that by yourself, I think you can easily make the mod I requested. Exporting can't be THAT hard?

Sounds awesome =D

making the new floors is easy. You need the geck. with it you can pretty much tweak everything to the way you want it.. turning fallout 3 into "Roe's Playground".

THe floors were copied from the suites you can access by going up the lobby stairs. i just copied the suites cell 3 times then added an elevator at the end of each floor. 2 per floor. one for upstairs one for down.

With making and editing game levels(cells) it's all about fooling the brain. even though you may play the cell and use an elevator that sends you to the next lvl, in reality it's sending you to a completly diff building that is just attached to the elevator,so adding the cells will not literally add height but will give the perception of.

now this has only one exception and that applies to cells that involve windows or spaces that involve the exterior (DC waste)

for example.. my first 3 floors are closed off.. no windows showing the outside world, and if i had a window in one of these rooms you would not see the DC waste,but a blue emptiness that modders build their cells around. but my last floor takes place on the balcony of the tower,which is surrounded by the wasteland so i actually had to make this room in the waste,and attach it to my last room. it might be too much to understand at first lol. read slow and imagine each part.

As far as exporting goes.. my mind is as blank as the blue emptiness mentioned earlier. i can mod.. i can mod the hell out of things.. as i like creating my own world and the things inside of it,but that's as far as my brain expands before exploding.. i'd make a script for my brain not to explode but i can't script that much either lol.

i mean the only way your going to be able to access my plugin is if your on my computer using my fallout lol. i dunno how to seperate or copy the esp to a compressed folder. or even if you do that.. when it comes to anything beyond modding i am a complete noob lol

So you've pretty much made these extra floors, placed them randomly in the Wastes, and then connected them to Tenpenny Tower through elevators? Hmm... Where in Tenpenny Tower are these elevators placed? Can you use just the one to get to all the extra floors, or?

When created the Interior cells have their own space outside of the waste. i should have explained this also. When you create an interior cell. it's created in the blue emptiness i told you about. nothing exist in the blue until you decide to create.. this way you can build something as big as a vault first floor and beyond.. you could create an entire base if you wanted.

Now exterior is a bit different. When you want to create anything in the actuall exterior, anything you put down will be surrounded by the outside world. this is for placements of buildings,hills,roads, etc.

An easy example of both is: the tenpenny tower. imagine what the outside of it looks like,this part of the tower is placed in the dc waste. if you were to actually look at this building from a sky view you'd notice the building is pure decoration and completly hollow on the inside.

When you use the main door to load into the lobby, the door will load you to a that level but since it's an interior cell you will be loaded from the exterior to the interior. if your a fan of the sci-fi series "stargate",think of the exterior door as a stargate to an interior cell(that the modder has linked him/herself)

Remember that i could create a hundred different interior cells and they would never be spotted in the dc waste,interior cells have their own space and the only way to access them is by using an exterior(dc waste) door.(there is other ways but these are commands given by the mod for easy access)

I'd upload images but i haven't uploaded to any websites yet and i need a URL to link them too. just use your brain and read carefully lol

Archived