Converted LE follower has face discolor in SE

Collygon

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a new follower mod from LE to SSE, but as said in the title, the character has face discoloration.

52221046105_365ddb206b_c.jpg

I've made sure to optimize head parts correctly, separate from the other NIFs. The texture paths are all correct in the FaceGenNif too. I've also tried different textures, but the problem remains.

She works perfectly fine in LE, this only shows up in SSE. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks.

First of all, don't convert body meshes from LE. Only convert head parts and hair (OFC with the "head parts" setting) and replace the body .nif files with a SE body of your choice (CBBBE, 3BA, BHUNP - whatever you use otherwise). Converting LE body meshes can have unexpected results.

Second, check the plugin file of your follower in SSEEdit. Have a close look at everything related to skin color, especially "QNAM texture lighting" and "Skin tone".

TBH, I'm not exactly sure, what "QNAM texture lighting" really does, but the value must be identical to "Skin tone".

Also, make sure that under "Skin tone", "Alpha" is set to 0 and TINV-Interpolation to 1.0000.

Another critical entry is "[Neck] FemaleHead[your character's race]. It's somewhere below the other two entries I mentioned. Neck colour settings can do strange things. In doubt, set TINV-Interpolation to 0.000 - practically disabling neck colour.

Thanks for the help! I tried those fixes, but unfortunately the issue persists. After some further testing, it appears the issue may also lie in LE too, but it is less noticeable for some reason.