Best Mods for roleplayers

charwo

Given the problems I've been having in Fallout 3, I may be going back to NV sooner rather than later I'm looking for suggestions on mods for a rather hardcore roleplayer. I want the fights, especially with people, to be relatively brief, brutal. Here's the loadout of what I will be playing with:

Vurt's Flora Overhaul

Willow-Companion Lore friendly

World of Pain

Type 6

New Vegas Bounties I & II

New Vegas Redesigned (open to Lore or recommended based on how different mod characters and vanilla are)

Familiar Friend

New Vegas Resurrection

Bison Steve (Hell Yes!)

WMX (Double Hell Yes)

rePOPULATED Wasteland

Robco Certified

Vegas Uncut

New Vegas Trade Center

Save Cass

Poose Mooose's mods (except the tweaks)

Deserter Fortress

High Grass

Maybe:

Spice of Life (something better?)

Project Nevada (I'm open to Nvamp or others, or if I can play Nvamp and FOOK and PN together or in some combo?)

Project Nevada & Extra Options (almost certain, but other weather mods I'm open to)

Caesar's New Regime (something better?)

Shogo's Heavy Industry (if it's not completely ridiculous)

Everything by Bonds123 (Except Primm, maybe) http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/users/82487/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Niner (does he have a good story?)

NCR Rearmament Lore (something better?)

Project Ultimatum (problems?)

Factions Reloaded (incompatibilities, problems?)

New Vegas Realistic Battle and Dynamic Combat (something better?)

It's a long list, but I do mod to the hilt. I love quest and story mods be it companions, new settlements, etc. So please make suggestions! The more rebuilt and post-post-apocalypse the better. While still not completely ignoring Lore. I'm also open to any faction

But there are some things I am looking for:

A Car mod:

The Covega Mod isn't worth it (locations to limited, quest I don't like for my specific Courier), and if at all possible I want something pre-war and uses fast travel. The XRE Cars mod I won't use because I know how my system reacts to high performance needs (crashes like jumbo jet)

Any thoughts on the Area 51. Both have over 200+ endorsements, so I can't dismiss either.

Clean Versions of civilian clothing (and ties properly put together ties on the suits)

DLC weapon integration mods (most of the non-unique weapons should be in the Mohave and spawn lists)

The best (in your opinion) vanilla Companion modifications.

Any recommended performance mods and patches (This is a huge issue given the Fallout 3 issues)

Thank you for your time.

I've never really liked Alternative Start mods. I see their value, but they can be disruptive; in this case Victor doesn't talk to you, and in Fallout 3 certain things get trippy like 'Trouble on the Homefront' (which I'd still want, playing a Vault Dweller, just not wanting to kill anyone in Escape!).

I actually want to at least head mod playing a team. A courier, her sociopathic Follower doctor version of Watson, and the vanilla companions, driving around the Mohave in a fully restored Powered Blue Corgeva, with car-fu and drivebys and blackjack and hookers. Not going to happen per se, as the Cars mod will make my computer crash like a college student after finals.

I'm looking at the monster wars mod. I'm wondering if there's any mod that puts real Mohave capable animals in the game? Cougars, mountain loins, iguanas, horses, camels (yes camels, see Life After People), anything non-mutated? And for God's Sake, I wish there were normal cows. Not to completely get rid of the Brahmin, but have honest to god real cows, and pigs and chickens and....God I hate atomicpunk. I liked Fallout when Ghouls were the result of FEV exposure and radiation and they were all made in 2077, and when they died, no more ghouls ever (this was Fallout 1&2 mind you)...

...Ahem....speaking of which, is there a rebuilding Searchlight mod? Or rebuilding any of the junked towns?