Request: Ronon Dex's gun (From SG: Atlantis)

finalapocalypse

I think it'd be great if someone could create a model of Ronon Dex's gun (traveler's pistol), from the series "Stargate: Atlantis". In the series, the weapon fires powerful blasts of red energy, and can be set to either stun or kill. Someone already made a mod of this for Gmod, a Half-life 2 mod, and it looked pretty sweet.

Ronon's Gun

Actually, it'd be pretty sweet if someone made some of the other Stargate weapons too. Like the staff weapons, or the Zat guns. Or wraith stunners.

I'm a newbie modeler atm doing some tutorials from a guy called Itchi. A Beretta 9000. I have been modeling for a week and a half lol but it's coming along nicely atm. I started from the max tutorials up to the end of the modeling tutorials and now I'm doing these from Itchi. Link to tuts at end of post. The reason I'm replying is on first look of that image you provided the gun looks on the outside atleast extremely simple not to much detail, loys of smooth areas. I should have my beretta done by the middle of next week and I think I'll have a stab at that gun even if someone else takes it up as it can only give me more experience in modeling. The only area I am not so keen on is textuting and I don't yet know how to get the models from max to fallout yet.

But I agree that would be a good gun for fallout 3.

Linkage to Itchi's Plane modeling a gun tutorials :

http://www.moddb.com/tutorials/beretta-9000-video-tutorial

Very good tutorial for gun modeling, The only thing I suggest is doing the max tutorials on interface and modeling first.

There is a problem with the first tutorial, the rar is damaged but there are links to get it in the comments and if they don't work I'll up it somewhere for anyone interested.

Was just looking for more reference images and came across an image of a carbine rifle version.

http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t359/ge...b0ac6.png"

lol. Weird. I haven't watched Atlantis Season 5 yet, so I'm not sure if he ever upgrades to a carbine version -- but from what I know, the only canon version is the one he uses in the show.

That'd be sweet if you could manage to reproduce it, though. I'm not much of a modeller, myself -- I even had a 3d modelling class in College. lol. I was terrible at it.

I'm not sure if video is helpful as reference material, but I found this compilation video thinger when I was poking around, which has a lot of good shots of Ronon and his gun:

It also showcases the projectiles it fires and stuff.

the carbine was in the show when he flashed back to his days in the military of setada but they looked more loke the 3 barrel rocket launchers from unreal tournament only smaller, i'll have to dig out the episode and screen cap it

the carbine was in the show when he flashed back to his days in the military of setada but they looked more loke the 3 barrel rocket launchers from unreal tournament only smaller, i'll have to dig out the episode and screen cap it

Pretty sure he was wielding a triple barreled shotgun in those Sateda flashbacks. That's this: Triple barreled shotgun

Pretty sure he was wielding a triple barreled shotgun in those Sateda flashbacks. That's this: Triple barreled shotgun

Yeah that's the one, Still... not like the handgun but would also look good in fallout.

• 3 years later...