Left-hand rings and charmers of the reach female body problem.

ModdersResources

Check the LHR mod description (or maybe the 1st person view)- I think that it says that only standard races will benefit, modded races can not. Could this be the source of the problem? Additionally, is something from another mod taking up the ring's body slot (I think that it is slot 51)?

The wrist seams in you picture may also show that you have some kind of problem with your body model. Maybe someone with more knowledge will respond.

Check the LHR mod description (or maybe the 1st person view)- I think that it says that only standard races will benefit, modded races can not. Could this be the source of the problem? Additionally, is something from another mod taking up the ring's body slot (I think that it is slot 51)?

The wrist seams in you picture may also show that you have some kind of problem with your body model. Maybe someone with more knowledge will respond.

I am using the COR (charmters of the reach) female body.

This is a custom race.

How do I get this to work with custom races?

From the mod description:

Left Hand Rings Modified SE

Adds rings that are worn on the left hand. These rings can be crafted, enchanted, bought from merchants, and found randomly as treasure.

This release is a modification of Left Hand Rings by Duggelz. This mod was initially created in response to the many requests posted on the original mod's page for a different body slot number to resolve conflicts with certain mods. All left hand rings are now assigned to body slot 51 with exception of the Bond of Matrimony which uses body slot 50.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
▪ 6 new left hand rings using the missing combination sets of ring/gemstone.
▪ A new Bond of Matrimony ring that can be worn all the time on the proper hand and finger.
▪ Left hand convertible versions of the Ring of Hircine, Ring of Namira, Bone Hawk ring, and Ahzidal's rings.
▪ Merged with juf0816's Left Hand Enchanted Rings which adds the vanilla enchanted rings for the left hand.
▪ Option to see rings on the left hand while in first person view.
• Ring icon and label for the left hand rings in the SkyUI menus.
▪ Support for Static Mesh Improvement Mod, Gemling Jewelry Queen, and the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.
▪ Cleaned with TES5Edit.

COMPATIBILITY
This list only contain mods that I have personally tested or reported by other users.

WORKS WITH:
• Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
• Cloaks of Skyrim
• Equippable Tomes - Belt-Worn Books
• Frostfall
• Gemling Queen Jewelry
• Haven Bag
• Morningstar
• Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM
• Wearable Lanterns
• Winter Is Coming

DOES NOT WORK WITH:
• Race mods (will not see rings in first person)
• Other left hand ring mods

Your character must have something else equipped in slot 50 (Bond of Matrimony), or that slot is reserved in COR. Maybe you should ask there if there is a reserved slot, and how to change it.

From the mod description:

Left Hand Rings Modified SE

Adds rings that are worn on the left hand. These rings can be crafted, enchanted, bought from merchants, and found randomly as treasure.

This release is a modification of Left Hand Rings by Duggelz. This mod was initially created in response to the many requests posted on the original mod's page for a different body slot number to resolve conflicts with certain mods. All left hand rings are now assigned to body slot 51 with exception of the Bond of Matrimony which uses body slot 50.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:

▪ 6 new left hand rings using the missing combination sets of ring/gemstone.

▪ A new Bond of Matrimony ring that can be worn all the time on the proper hand and finger.

▪ Left hand convertible versions of the Ring of Hircine, Ring of Namira, Bone Hawk ring, and Ahzidal's rings.

▪ Merged with juf0816's Left Hand Enchanted Rings which adds the vanilla enchanted rings for the left hand.

▪ Option to see rings on the left hand while in first person view.

• Ring icon and label for the left hand rings in the SkyUI menus.

▪ Support for Static Mesh Improvement Mod, Gemling Jewelry Queen, and the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

▪ Cleaned with TES5Edit.

COMPATIBILITY

This list only contain mods that I have personally tested or reported by other users.

WORKS WITH:

• Bandolier - Bags and Pouches

• Cloaks of Skyrim

• Equippable Tomes - Belt-Worn Books

• Frostfall

• Gemling Queen Jewelry

• Haven Bag

• Morningstar

• Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM

• Wearable Lanterns

• Winter Is Coming

DOES NOT WORK WITH:

• Race mods (will not see rings in first person)

• Other left hand ring mods

Your character must have something else equipped in slot 50 (Bond of Matrimony), or that slot is reserved in COR. Maybe you should ask there if there is a reserved slot, and how to change it.

Can I fix this with SSE Edit?

Hey, BBTBBN - I forgot about this ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/68942 ) it specifically alters the Bond of Matrimony (I d/l it, but holding on install until I ramp up everything for v.1.6+). In the posts, the author suggests using xEdit to change the slot to 52. You might see if that helps...

07 June 2022, 10:51PM
No, I set them to the same slot as most left-handed rings are given.
I did this for balance reasons, but if you really want to wear three rings at once you can edit the body slot for the rings in xEdit.
I recommend slot 52.

Hey, BBTBBN - I forgot about this ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/68942 ) it specifically alters the Bond of Matrimony (I d/l it, but holding on install until I ramp up everything for v.1.6+). In the posts, the author suggests using xEdit to change the slot to 52. You might see if that helps...

07 June 2022, 10:51PM

No, I set them to the same slot as most left-handed rings are given.

I did this for balance reasons, but if you really want to wear three rings at once you can edit the body slot for the rings in xEdit.

I recommend slot 52.

I use SSEedit and not XeEdit

How do I change the slot?

1. SSEEdit is xEdit, xEdit is a base for many Bethesda games.

2. Go to the CotR page, and ask if it really introduces a new race for your char. While you are at it, check there to see if anyone else has seen, and/or solved the problem. Maybe a search for "Charmers of the Reach, Skyrim SE, and Bond of Matrimony" may find a discussion or two on the web.

3. I don't know an easy way to find the slots, but I first became aware of the problems when doing a general conflict search in SSEEdit on my entire modlist, and several char mods were overwriting each other WRT stuff in body slots, powers, and racial abilities. BTW, slot 51 default is 'Decapitated Head', and something, or several somethings in your load order after CotR may simply be resetting 51 back to default.

4. To find the slots, it may be as simple as loading the LHR mod in SSEEdit, and checking the included records. I had an easier time finding this info from a conflict search. Once you find it, just click on the cell to highlight it, change 51 to 52, and close out, making sure SSEEdit saves the edited file.