New boss. METAL GEAR.

UncleRoe

So.. me and this junkie wastelander were sitting by this fire one recent night.. and this tweaked out stoner starts screaming that he sees this giant metal demon heading our way.. he trips over his supply and heads for the hills(free jet whoo!).. now my eyesight isn't all that bad... but either was my high.. which is probally why i didn't see it. Then it got me thinking..dam=mit! i want to face a metal gear!.. i mean. what would be more badass than running through the wastes,jumping rocks and small hills,then suddenly running face to face with this huge pis-ssed off machine with no intention of letting you survive..it gives me a chub just thinking about it.

And you know.. you could always use it for patrols and stuff..OR... a standoff battle between metal gear and liberty prime...ah yes... let the good times roll..(heads)

METAL GGEEAAR!

Lol, seriously now, something so big would probably look wrong in this engine. Look how Liberty Prime goes on rails, because Otherwise we would get many glitchy funny moments. I'm talking about the animation system, which doesn't really blend well with irregular terrain. Also, there's this little problem with custom animations.

The closest you're going to get to seeing a metal gear is a scaled up sentrybot.... and even then, it will still act as if it were still 7 feet tall instead of 30. For instance, you'd expect a giant hulking metal monster to be able to walk right over a small pile of rubble or a trash can, but these relatively tiny objects will still prevent it from moving past, just as if it were still regular size.

And there's animations of course...

Archived