skse_loader.exe disappeared ?

Bindiman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is Avast and not SKSE. We are seeing this problem only from people who use Avast and not from any other antivirus users.

Some AV programs allow you to exempt specific files from their scans and to allow specific programs even if they are flagged as malware. I'm not sure if Avast can do this though.

What I did was to open up Avast!, go to "Real time shields" and then "file system shield". You should find your deleted skse loader there. Right-click it and choose restore. You can also send a report to Avast saying it's false-positive.

Not sure if it will delete it again later, if it does you will probably need to disable Avast and use another anti virus for the time being.

Ok so ben is right, and there is a way to exclude the file with avast.

You have to open the main avast window, click antivirus tab and click on file system shield. Then click settings, then exclusions. Add the file path to your skyrim directory, and it should work. Bare in mind the skse_loader.exe will only be allowed in that folder, so when you extract it you'll have to put it in there. I'm hoping most people already have the .rar for skse from previous download, then its easy. As far as im aware, you cannot exclude individual files with avast. Thats all ive got at the moment, but it is a fix.

The shield log should show that the skse_loader.exe was blocked.