skse_loader.exe disappeared ?

Bindiman

open your info on avast! and check for the numer of the search module and the virus definiton - version 131026-2 should work. there is no need to update the entire avast programme - its just the definition files you need to update

Edited by dwiss

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the great Avast panic of 2013 has finally run it's course. :tongue:

Now unless you turned off your AV and managed to pick up a virus because you were unprotected everything should be back to normal. :thumbsup:

Or as normal as it ever is. :rolleyes:

I am sorry to open this thread back up!

I cant upgrade to version 131026-2. Avast phone support was unable to tell me how to.

I updated the program and the virus definitions, however Avast will not update further than Program version 2014.9.0.2006 Virus definition 131027-0.

SKSE is still in my quarantine and I still have the entire Skyrim folder in exclusions.

If someone would be so kind as to lend some advice?

Are there any other free antivirus that might play nice with SKSE?

For the time being, it is considered safe to DL any mods off of the Nexus without virus's?

Edited by LoveMeSomeUlfric7

@LoveMeSomeUlfric 131027-0 should actually be ok as it is the version after 131026-2 which was already a fixed one. You can leave the old versions in quarantine and just reinstall skse to get avast to check the files once again - just to be certain that it passes the controls.

If you prefer to check out the files again you have to double-click and open the administration part of avast and right click on the files and/or directories that are in the container. One option is to restore them. But as i stated above - the best pracrtice would actually be to leave the quarantine system as it is and reinstall skse to make sure that avast checks the files again. Dont put folders like Skyrim into exclusion unless you are 100% certain that you really know what you are doing - thats what programmes like Avast are for. I am a technical person myself but wouldnt dare to just leave an open gap like that on my system. No system is perfect and so far this is the first time i have seen Avast complaining about something regarding Skyrim BUT still - skse is developed by a group of private people and not Bethesda - so caution is never really wrong :)

@LoveMeSomeUlfric 131027-0 should actually be ok as it is the version after 131026-2 which was already a fixed one. You can leave the old versions in quarantine and just reinstall skse to get avast to check the files once again - just to be certain that it passes the controls.

If you prefer to check out the files again you have to double-click and open the administration part of avast and right click on the files and/or directories that are in the container. One option is to restore them. But as i stated above - the best pracrtice would actually be to leave the quarantine system as it is and reinstall skse to make sure that avast checks the files again. Dont put folders like Skyrim into exclusion unless you are 100% certain that you really know what you are doing - thats what programmes like Avast are for. I am a technical person myself but wouldnt dare to just leave an open gap like that on my system. No system is perfect and so far this is the first time i have seen Avast complaining about something regarding Skyrim BUT still - skse is developed by a group of private people and not Bethesda - so caution is never really wrong :smile:

Thank you for such a detailed reply, man!! Good looking out!! I just did not feel cozy with leaving my Skyrim folder defenseless like that in "Exceptions"

I gave in though, before I got the chance to see your answer, uninstalled Avast and got MSE, which of course says SKSE is good to go. The MSE "lore friendly" blue castle and banner icon won me over, I think.

Thanks again, dwiss! I appreciate it! :)

@ dwiss and LoveMeSomeUlfric7: to interject, if you all don't mind :smile: , a quicker way of checking the files without using Avast!'s GUI interface is to:

1. Navigate to \Steam\steamapps\common

2. Right-click (or left click as it may be) the Skyrim folder to bring-up the options menu

3. Click on the Avast! option of Scan Skyrim folder

Hope this helps. :smile:

That only works if you allowed Avast to implement itself as option into your explorer - which isnt the case on my system i.e.

• 2 years later...