BSValueNode?

btw...is there a way to actually see where the light is in nifskope?....(dont forget im a newbie :P )..

I want to rotate the transform to look downwards but i cant see which way its turning or how much since i only see the Dot and line...

I also found another node to use (210) that is a spotlight but i cant visibly rotate it...(hence my question)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I knew how to do it in nifskope but was curious as to how it would be done in max. I wonder what tool Bethesda used, if not max for operation like this. Maybe they had a different version of the exporter. Interestingly enough, the nif importer will bring in the addonnode.

These specialized nodes and bethesda controllers are probably contained in the libraries of the engine itself. I don't know how to create them in 3ds max. Maybe there are some tools for this, but I have not yet found them in the bgs exporter.

OK finally got it to work as i wanted it with LightNodeWorkshopHighTechSpotWhite01(210)....

A lot of blind adjusting till i discovered rotation P was the axis i needed to edit....(luckily CK sees the changes with a cell refresh )...

First pic to show how much spill out the 106 node has compared to what im using (it basically lights up the room )...ENvRjP.jpg

tWJNR5.jpg

And here are the values i used to adjust the transform if youre interested...

WZ216n.jpg

Now im going lay back and smoke a cigarette like all men do after some good sex....:P

• 3 weeks later...

I installed a custom nif plugin in addition to the nif exporter. Now I can import models from the game, and see all the bgs tools used in this model. I found that all bethesda specialized nodes are bones. Therefore, you can add any node in 3ds max. To add, for example, a sound node, or a bs value node, you need to add a child bone with that name to the model. Just go to "command panel/systems/bones" create a bone, name it BSValueNode, set the desired direction.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16694

I used the nif plugin for max 2013 which is contained in this package. It allows you to import nif along with the animation, but the gamebryo animation manager only contains the first sequence. However, the plugin allows you to explore vanilla nifs and together with bgs exporter and hkt2014 you get virtually all the tools a game developer bethesda can have.

Edited by South8028

Anyone know how to add a BSValueNode in 3ds max? I add it as a dummy with this name but it disappears on export.

A dummy with nothing parented to it will be automatically deleted by the Nif Exporter, I believe, unless you specify not to. To keep it :

1) Right click on the object in 3DS Max and bring up "Object Properties".

2) Click on "User Defined" tab and in the text field, type in :

sgoKeep = 1

I don't know if this particular node needs more steps, but at least for weapons, needed nodes are created this way using the BGS Nif Exporter (weapon export script would convert them according to the names).

Anyone know how to add a BSValueNode in 3ds max? I add it as a dummy with this name but it disappears on export.

A dummy with nothing parented to it will be automatically deleted by the Nif Exporter, I believe, unless you specify not to. To keep it :

1) Right click on the object in 3DS Max and bring up "Object Properties".

2) Click on "User Defined" tab and in the text field, type in :

sgoKeep = 1

I don't know if this particular node needs more steps, but at least for weapons, needed nodes are created this way using the BGS Nif Exporter (weapon export script would convert them according to the names).

Thank you sir for this very useful piece of information. I can't wait to try it out.+

I created a crude test using the method DiodeLadder described and it worked like a charm. Files attached if anyone wants to examine the quick test setup. For the test, I created three dummies affixed to the top of each primitive object. These three dummies were named AddOnNode106, and the BSG exporter automagically made them BSValueNodes with the value of 106. Nice! Multiple additional dummies were used to test the technique.

Edited by pepperman35