Weird Lighting Glitch (Savegame based)

primem0ver

I was playing Skyrim SE last weekend, walking from Whiterun to where you encounter the Jester (Cicero) and his wagon (new game) when suddenly in the middle of my play, the color went rather bleached and everything was noticeably brighter. I thought maybe it was an ENB issue where one of the weathers was not registered with the correct lighting so I continued playing (it DID get suddenly partly cloudy after a clear sky). Indoors I was having the same issue but I continued on until I got to Windhelm. This was the fourth weather type and things had NOT gone back to normal and so later in the week (when I got back around to it) I tried coc'ing to riverwood after loading the gamejust out of curiosity. Different weather (one I was used too...and I know is working) and still too bright.

So then I tried loading a save from BEFORE the glitch occurred. The lighting went back to normal. I coc'ed to riverwood after loading the save and sure enough... no problem. I have tried this on 2-3 other saves both before and after the glitch Loading from a before-glitch save, everything is normal. Loading after... everything is too bright and bleached. Any ideas? I didn't even know lighting settings were part of the save... could this be a SKSE addon?

Edited by primem0ver

Indeed lighting settings usually don't get saved. MCM settings often do get saved however. So it could be a SKSE plugin.

It's also possible, that this comes from some kind of magic effect or a disease. If some mod adds certain visual effects e.g. for a disease, certain stages of vampirism or being tired (if you use a survival or needs mod), that would be part of your save game. Check your status in the magic effects tab: Is your character affected by anything like that?

You can also use the console command "player.dispelallspells" and see, if this helps.

WIthout a load order, it's hard to say any more than that. Maybe you have an idea yourself, which mods in your load order might cause such effects?

Thanks for the tips guys. I will check them out but Spriggans is unlikely since there aren't any around Whiterun or the Loreius farm. My load order is really too large to expect other people to analyze (around 1300 active mods, 5 of which are merges of 400+ mods) so narrowing down type of mod is a bit more practical before sharing which ones I have. I do have a night vision drink so perhaps that has something to do with it... though I didn't drink anything when it started (that may have occurred later)

Edited by primem0ver