Airborn Encounters

eriladin

Hello!

I was playing with those great mods that let you summon troops to help you, wich troops are airborne, as they are "delivered" by Vertibirds...

So I came wondering:

Why no Cliffracers...oops sorry, that was a few years ago.

Why not have some various Airborn Encounters "spawning" randomly from time to time in different places?

(couldn't be anywhere, and every time one passes near the spawn-trigger but could be very rarely in plenty of places...)

Because I cant believe that only one faction owns Vertibirds, and that none of them Vertibirds have ever been robbed...

(In fact I had one myself, but I too often crashed on (to?) my desktop to keep it)

And I wont talk about those Raiders on HoverChair rushing down the hill like ancient Heaven Angels

(Or wazit hell?)

Thanx for reading!

PS: Oh, I've just seen a rideable motorbike!

(please note I couldnt be no help in such a project, as all my scripting practise has been to translate in french a pluggin for MW that allowed one to place paintings or shields on walls..)

Found these: (linxs)

(personal vertibird)

(enclave commander)

(CRI Squad)

(HoverChair)

and the comming (J3Xified Driveable Motorcycle)

EDIT:

I like how this idea is discussed, I agree, it must fit the Lore!

But: who said there isnt ANY other group able to maintain vertibirds? (Canadians, Mexicans or whoever is not unreallisticly far...((well aint there even Aliens in the Lore?))

And: In which army arent there any traffics or corruption (would one do it for a million Caps?) and arent there any remnants of industrial or financial (criminal?) giant companies?

and if there were, wouldnt they still search this lost science as some do? (or whatever one could find in the area, i dont know much about WashDC economics, geography or history..)

*blinks*

well, the vertibirds fly away, and to get in one somebody would have to dispatch or sneak past the enclave within it, get to the pilot, and those things take off fast, so you would have to get to the pilot before he gets to high and the thing just crashes. Also, chances are against someone who could fly it or discover the technology behind it (especially considering they won't be able to move it, so either another vertibird will arrive, or it will remain in the middle of the wasteland). If said person gets past these obstacles, they still probably won't have the means to build it or fuel it, or train many people in its use. The only real possibility would be the brotherhood of steel taking it (if you have a vertibird, it shouldn't be to hard to let other places learn about them, so its feasible some members elsewhere might have done so. However, this would destroy the point, because by default they aren't hostile

Anyway, as far as making a mod for it to happen, that should be simple enough, just copy and paste existing triggers, and slightly modify whatever it is that spawns them to spawn something else.

Hmmm... I could see a possible mod using a custom textured Vertibird to deliver a squad of 'Raider Power Armor'-equiped 'Reavers' (a'la Firefly). Add some scratches and dents, and a few splashes of dried blood, and that Vertibird could start looking pretty gruesome during an LZ approach flyover.

It'd have to be triggerable only after a good ways into the MQ storyline, though... Perhaps after Raven Rock? (There are locations where Raiders have been known to scavenge arms/armor from Enclave troops... who's to say that they couldn't pull off an ambush that got them in to the pilot, or perhaps disabled the transport with PulseMines/Grenades long enough to get on board?)

Didnt the player steal the vertibird blueprints in fallout 1 or2? And could decide to hand them over to hte Bos or keep them? Or is all that just a rumor?

Anyways, i do not think raiders would be smart enought to pilot a vertibird, maybe some enclave pilot deserted, but still.

However, wasnt there any helicopters/vertibird flying thingys before the great war?

there must have been atleast some. Would be cool if someone could get some pre war heloes into the game.

Archived