SMP Armor does not work on male

ArkiiA

I should clarify by saying some SMP armor dont work (especially BDO armors SE)on my male character but they do for the females. also technically the physics on the armor works but he armor itself is not attach to the male character. the armor stays still while im moving like its t posing or something. not sure what the issue is im using faster-smp but had the same issue with the original smp. if someone could help or just respond cause i feel like its just me its happening to.

Edited by ArkiiA

Are you sure that your male body is physics (and SMP) enabled?

At first i didnt have a male body cause when i was on LE the same armors worked without one so i didnt think u need one. But i did ended up gettin Himbo and it still didnt work.

im 90% sure its to do with the armors itself as im only getting this issue with older armors I.e. BDO armors, bloodborne, dark soul etc. While newer SMP armors r working fine. my only guess right now is that the armors r using HDT or older version of SMP and that isnt compatible with faster SMP. But then why does it seem like its only me having this issue. its so frustrating.

When you talk about 'older' armors, are you referring to LE mods? That would probably be bad news, if it is ported incorrectly.

Did you start a new game after installing the Himbo body? If you didn't, you might just be falling victim to baked data in your save game.

yeah all the armors are SE i always make sure they r. and yeah i always start a new save cause ive honetly not properly played skyrim in along time im just modding and testing stuff but im almost there and this is holding me back. Ill try and add a pic to show u what im talkin bout.

Nevermind dont know how to upload picture. im done with this now, i give up. Just gonna assume its the armor at fault even tho others r using the same thing and im not seeing this issue anywhere else. but anyway im tired thanks for trying to help.

pic uploading has been screwed up for months now. I can't even upload a file any more. Afaik you have to indirectly reference (via a link) from an offsite archive, or maybe from a local "user image-store" I don't know about here at nexus. You might check on that second one. In fact, I might too, because the inability to add an image is starting to really annoy me. ( I do not use any "photo archive" sites, and for personal reasons, I do not want to)

Anyway, as far as HDT/SMP armor...

1) obviously it has to be smp armor in the first place (I'll say "DUH!" for you...no need to trouble yourself. I've been reprimanded :wink: )

1a) (More duh) and that it should have been fitted to/built for your player in Bodyslide

2) which movements are you talking about? not breast bounce right? But like flappy bits? (leather straps, medallions, flowy bits, flex points)

As was suggested, check to make sure the reference body used is the same body type as your body spec. If they vary, things can break.

I'm not saying that from a male player perspective, but at least for females, even the difference between original CBBE-3BBB body using an armor from the latest variant of 3BBB (3BA) can cause stuff to break, as I know particularly well. Many new "3BA" armors I simply can't use, because I have a 1st gen CBBE-3BBB body, and some mid-generation 3BBB variants I can use but they're "iffy" in their behavior

3) and lastly, make sure you're actually in SMP mode. that might seem duh, but even I get swapped into CBPC sometimes and don't realize it, and I've been "all over" SMP since it became an available option.

pic uploading has been screwed up for months now. I can't even upload a file any more. Afaik you have to indirectly reference (via a link) from an offsite archive, or maybe from a local "user image-store" I don't know about here at nexus. You might check on that second one. In fact, I might too, because the inability to add an image is starting to really annoy me. ( I do not use any "photo archive" sites, and for personal reasons, I do not want to)

Anyway, as far as HDT/SMP armor...

1) obviously it has to be smp armor in the first place (I'll say "DUH!" for you...no need to trouble yourself. I've been reprimanded :wink: )

1a) (More duh) and that it should have been fitted to/built for your player in Bodyslide

2) which movements are you talking about? not breast bounce right? But like flappy bits? (leather straps, medallions, flowy bits, flex points)

As was suggested, check to make sure the reference body used is the same body type as your body spec. If they vary, things can break.

I'm not saying that from a male player perspective, but at least for females, even the difference between original CBBE-3BBB body using an armor from the latest variant of 3BBB (3BA) can cause stuff to break, as I know particularly well. Many new "3BA" armors I simply can't use, because I have a 1st gen CBBE-3BBB body, and some mid-generation 3BBB variants I can use but they're "iffy" in their behavior

3) and lastly, make sure you're actually in SMP mode. that might seem duh, but even I get swapped into CBPC sometimes and don't realize it, and I've been "all over" SMP since it became an available option.

ight firstly thanks for the reply appreicate it.

secondly i use standard CBBE body for female and that works fine no issue with it and originally i never had a body for male (didnt really feel like i needed on, and i never had one in LE). i Only got Himbo for the male cause i thought it might fix the issue but it hasnt.

but key things to note are that:

all the HDT/SMP armors work with the females

only more recent HDT/SMP armor work for the male and older one like the BDO armors dont.(thought maybe cause some were HDT and not SMP but made not different.)

i should also point out that the SMP physics on the armor actually works the issue is position of the armor.

i really wish i had a way of showing but ill use the BDOR Malice armor for example, the Helmet, Gloves and boots work fine as they should but the chest peice and the cloak (the HDT/SMP part) dont not work as surpose to. What i mean by that is that it kinda looks like its T-Posing so when my character is standing still without any animation it would be had to tell but when i start moving the helmet gloves and boots move with their respective parts while the the chest pieces stay in the middle motionless and moves with the character without being attached to anything.

i dont if any of this makes sense to u but i have no id what is causin it, not sure its the body cause both CBBE and Himbo are SMP enable and other HDT/SMP armors work just fine. i even tried removin the XML file cause it was on the physics enable armor parts that was affected by this but its still the same issue just with out the physics.

IDK....

Females have gotten the lion's share of advancement. My male uses a stock male body and stock armor. My two female players, on the other hand, are fully hdt/smp-ed to the hilt. bodies, clothes, armor, hair.

I tried Himbo. When my male's boobs started bouncing like a pert schoolgirl, I was done and it was uninstalled immediately. That's just not how I roll. The stock body and armors are fine for me. I can use armor/clothing mix and match to provide a sufficiently "cool" set of gear, and then augment it with enchantments and so forth for actual worth in battle.

so for males, I suspect that you're going to have a much smaller subset of selections that are HDT/SMP qualified, AND you still have to deal with the physics matching issues. (one of many examples: wearing a UNP armor on a CBBE player is probably going to look funny, and visa versa, and other characteristics might not work either)

For females, there are rules... I won't be banal and launch another long winded post on that. I'm usually slightly off mark anyway, but as I tried to note, you have to have your duck in a row, so to speak. if you don't you won't get what you hoped for. Males are subject to those rules too. I do care about females, since frankly, and with no regrets, I enjoy admiring my female avatar's swaying "booty"s as they walk.

Since I have nothing more to offer on the subject, final thought in repetition... Make sure all the underpinnings are installed, make sure your body has been built with SMP physic capability, make sure to use armors/clothing matching your chosen player physics, make sure things are fitted and built...

best of luck