Cyberia

bebbe777

Well, Im planning to have three districts in the beginning. First the The Core which will be the City Centre where all the corporate HQ will be or atleast the majority of them. In the Core we can also find the hospital, the Dome etc. The apartments in The Core will be standard, not to fancy but not to shabby either.

In Nelumbo Vale we find the Redlight District. It is the rundown part of Cyberia. The CPD dont operate in this area since it is controlled by the Chimera Syndicate (similar to Yakuza but I can change them to Yakuza if it seems better). In Nelumbo Vale we have nightclubs, prostitution, slavery, drugs and black market. The apartments in this area is shabby and really lowlife.

The third district is Lagun Plaza where all the rich and powerful lives. Penthouses and high security everywhere. There is also a high society club where there is no law, the rich live thru their perverted dreams on the cost of the unworthy.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dig the concept...but What kind of land scape? Will it have a rainy cold feel? kinda like operation anchorage but cybered up? I hope that when you get around that far you take it somehwere new.

Instead of adding the yakuza instead of your sydicate you could have them run the rich side of town. A corp would be the front!

• 4 weeks later...
dig the concept...but What kind of land scape? Will it have a rainy cold feel? kinda like operation anchorage but cybered up? I hope that when you get around that far you take it somehwere new.

Instead of adding the yakuza instead of your sydicate you could have them run the rich side of town. A corp would be the front!

How about Tokyo Japan?

http://wallpapers.dpics.org/wallpapers/63/...yo%2C_Japan.jpg

what are you looking for as far as 3d models go for this mod, I may be able to provide some (no promises though)

Im mean more along the lines of like buildings, signs, random structures, or possible a vehicle or two, I don't realy have the time or skills to pull off some nice cyberpunk outfits, though I would like to...

but as far as makeing the models for some more clean and futuristic buildings, it really wouldn't take too long, since it would mostly be a lot of basic shapes with windows and stuff comeing in or out of the shape

texturing on the other hand may be a bit hard, im really clueless on how to get the lighting and stuff for neon signs and the like

Hey. I guess japan would work...but some heavy duty neon and inovatice tech and costume work would be requried. I see them as the only ones really unaeffected by the nuke's. Kinda like a neo emperor.

A neo fuedal samurai culture...maybe brothershogo would let you use some of his armour's?

maybe have the chimera run the uptown scams and the yakuza run the shantytowns. Chimera thugs would be in nice suits and do all the beatings out back and away from the rich who would'nt want to be bothered with hearing the unworthy scream.

The yakuza would just gun you down in the street.

As I am not a good 3d modeler I will import other great mods (If allowed) that I think have some cyberpunk feeling. In recent weeks there has come mods that are just great.

I still need good buildings that are intact. High skyskrapers, neon signs...well, look at Blade Runner and you can get some inspiration if someone want to contribute.

I havent uploaded any new pictures. This is because I want to wait til I created the really good stuff. Now there are just many half-made areas. But I will continue this mod as I just love cyberpunk. Maybe the new addon with aliens will add some pretty impressive things.

I can get you at least one skyscraper modeled, probly more assumeing that you will be working on this over at least the next couple of months

I will see what I can do as far as textures go

I am really just doing this for the practice, because I need all the 3ds Max practice I can get

Well, if I may make a couple of suggestions:

There's a fantastic mod called Travelers, which adds generic NPC's to the Wasteland and settlements. Now, inside this mod, there's a script for certain NPC's which makes them pickpocket you as they walk past. Now, I'm thinking that would be fantastic in a gritty, seedy, desperate underworld like you're picturing, and if you could get permission from the modder to use that script, that'd be awesome.

Oooh, and you NEED sewers, I cannot stress that enough. Not like in Old Olney or the Jefferson Memorial, I'm thinking narrow mazes with yellow down-lights and monsters (or maybe bandits) at every corner.

The more I read about this mod, the more I keep thinking about Judge Dredd, now that was a fantastic comic. I don't know if it's exactly what you're thinking, but you could take some cues from that. Such as the rooftop parties that I saw a couple of times.