Games you'd like to see Remade/updated to current graphical or gam

Kuerva

There are a multitude of older games that I'd like to see remade/updated: the Wing Commander/Privateer series, Descent 1 &2, the old S.S.I. Dungeons & Dragons games, and many more games from when FMV was just starting out. I'd still want the FMV (that was part of what made them so enjoyable for me; the feeling that it was a truly interactive movie) , but use the acceptance that video/PC games have gained, to tell a better story in terms of both plot/control scheme AND graphics.

There are a multitude of older games that I'd love to see remade/rebooted. The Wing Commander/Privateer games, the old S.S.I. Dungeons and Dragons games, and Descent 1 & 2, to name a few. I'd want the FMV (Full Motion Video) kept, since that was one reason I enjoyed the games, but use the better technology and greater acceptance that video/PC games have earned to improve the plot, control schemes, and of course, graphics. And yes, I'd LOVE for a redone Morrowind ( maybe as a 25th Anniversary edition, hint, hint?)

Devil May Cry 1, 3 to look like the newer DmC. Also Mega Man 2 in HD. A non Capcom game would be Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. Of course all of these would need a PC release lol Ahhhhhh a man can dream.

Edited by AbitTasty

There are a multitude of older games that I'd like to see remade/updated: the Wing Commander/Privateer series, Descent 1 &2, the old S.S.I. Dungeons & Dragons games,

I'm with you on these, and most especially Wing Commander. I'm really looking forward to Star Citizen precisely because it looks like it might actually be a worthy successor.

But the games I'd most like to see get a good reboot are the Ultima series, especially 4 through 7. Those were the games that really defined RPGs for a long time and set a lot of standards in terms of depth of story and character development that even today are rarely met. Morrowind and the Mass Effect games are among the few games that I think really live up to the standards of Ultima.

Now, Richard Garriot is working on an Ultima-like game called Shroud of the Avatar, but so far I'm less than enthused. I'll certainly check it out, of course, but I'm not getting good vibes from it so far.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to see Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 remade using the same engine they used for Dragon Age. Keep all the original mechanics intact.

You want vatican casting and D&D 2.0? What the hell is wrong with you?