Valueable Books (not the skillbooks)

utnapischtim

Hello modding people!

I have a request for a very small Mod: is it possible to make intact pre-war books more expensive? (not the skill books, just the non-usable ones)

I think its very implausible that the few intact pre-war books you can find in the ruins are not worth the grab :blink:. Among the numerous destroyed books these few should have a remarkable value for the surviving people in the towns and provide a real benefit for the player. Is it possible to create a small Mod that fixes this? I would think of a price like 60 caps or something for one intact book.

Greets and :thanks:

utnapischtim

Hello modding people!

I have a request for a very small Mod: is it possible to make intact pre-war books more expensive? (not the skill books, just the non-usable ones)

I think its very implausible that the few intact pre-war books you can find in the ruins are not worth the grab :blink:. Among the numerous destroyed books these few should have a remarkable value for the surviving people in the towns and provide a real benefit for the player. Is it possible to create a small Mod that fixes this? I would think of a price like 60 caps or something for one intact book.

Greets and :thanks:

utnapischtim

Ok have u found arlington library? ever? :wallbash: The chick there gives u a hundred caps per prewar book man... no need for a mod

Yes I have - but wait... one person in the whole game? Wow, the immersion is quite unbelievable.

What I'm asking for is to change these books into a valueable tradegood actually, because I don't like fast travelling that much and just having a single or maybe two places in the whole game for a specific sale is lame.

I think it's quite immersive. Not everyone in the wastes is gonna want an in-tact book that much. However if you really want this done it would be as simple as opening the GECK. Finding the file and changing it's value. If this is too difficult let me know and I'll make it.

Archived