Straight edge katana? HF blade

akasumi93

Ive been looking around the different weapon mods on this website, but there doesmt seem to be a katana with a straight edge rather than the original slightly curved shape. Im no proffesional when it comes to swords, i dont know if theres a particular name for the type im requesting, but i am in dire need of one that is similar to the HF blade from Metal gear solid 2/substance.

judging by some of the amazing models i have seen, my guess is that it shouldnt take too much effort to create. I would be amazingly grateful if someone could make this model for me : ). What im mostly lookign for is a Black handle, with a square shaped Hilt and silver blade : ).

Links : http://www.swordsoftheeast.com/ProductImag...Ninja_Sword.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/qortubee/2318464303/

Actually, it's not technically a "Katana", but rather a "Ninjato" or "Ninja-to" (Pronounced Nin-ja-toe or Nin-Jah-toe), and was usually a stolen or lost regular katana intentionally broken and re-sharpened by practitioners of ninjutsu, the Ninjas.

The high-frequency blade would be awesome yes, and give it appropriately high damage and maybe a script to raise Damage Resist to 100% or reduce the player's hitbox when guarding. And even the Gray Fox Exoskeleton, the Metal Gear Solid 2 ninja exosuit, and Raiden's MGS4 Exoskeleton as well for good measure.

I'd sooner they be made from scratch than adapted from existing stuff though. Maybe the maker of the Coyote Reflex Neural Assistance Power Armor could make the armors? Dunno about the weapon. Just about anyone with good references could make the weapon if they had a good idea of how to skin, script, and make the mesh.

Sorry for my long-winded reply, but I think this would be awesome.

Actually, it's not technically a "Katana", but rather a "Ninjato" or "Ninja-to" (Pronounced Nin-ja-toe or Nin-Jah-toe), and was usually a stolen or lost regular katana intentionally broken and re-sharpened by practitioners of ninjutsu, the Ninjas.

actually no... there is no documented "ninjato" anywhere... they are a creation of american mythology...

a straight edge katana wouldnt be one as a katana is defined by having a curved blade, its saber so to speak ;)

i have nothing againts the request tho...

actually no... there is no documented "ninjato" anywhere... they are a creation of american mythology...

a straight edge katana wouldnt be one as a katana is defined by having a curved blade, its saber so to speak ;)

i have nothing againts the request tho...

Uh no they aren't... Watch some documentaries or take ninjitsu, or even google it for f****s sake.

you shouldnt take stephen k. hayes or the history channel for the plain truth...

im sorry to disappoint you but you probably were in the wrong ninjutsu school...

id be more than glad to take my words back if you can show me just one proof of a historic ninjato in existence...

otherwise i suggest you learn somin about swords first before you write such statements and try to impose them on others by trying to make them look stupid

here is a page that could be a very good start on your quest for knowledge:

http://forums.swordforum.com/index.php

Archived