Remote detonated detpack.

Maeson

I have been looking and searching and am surprised no one has thought or done something like a remote detonated bottlecap mine or something.

I lack the code-fu knowledge to make something like this so I would like to request someone look into the possibility of either a Schematic that makes bottlecap mines into remote detonated demolition charges, a schematic that makes demolition charges (similar to a bottlecap schematic but has 1 or 2 more items), or a stockpile of these.

How they would work is most simply, primary fire to drop, secondary to detonate.

PS: problem just is, what would you use as a detonator model.

There's no secondary fire in the game, it's just zoom/aim. So that's another drawback, unless of course a detonator is added to your inventory upon dropping the mine.

There is a similar mod to this one you're describing; The Suitcase Nuke which goes off after 35 seconds (giving you enough time to escape the blast but not leave the cell so the nuke will still go off) but you've probably seen it before, nevertheless, just check this mod out and see if it suits your needs at all:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2131

Aside from that, I'm no Fallout 3 modder currently, so I wouldn't know, but to me it seems this would be relatively easy to do.

xGTA44x

Thanks, yeah it looks interesting. But the closest to a remote explosive is the little robobrain bomb. This one.

As for no secondary, I believe there is a secondary, it's just on firearms the secondary is zoom/scope and on melee weapons it's block.

I'm just hoping someone could look at this detpack thing, as many times I wish I could just drop a detpack, keep walking, use F to look behind me, BOOOM! Awesomesauce.

I could make this, however I would need some sort of activate command, I know the OnActivate, but I need something that will cause the bomb to explode when you press the detenator.

If anyone knows that command, tell me and I will finish the script.

I could make this, however I would need some sort of activate command, I know the OnActivate, but I need something that will cause the bomb to explode when you press the detenator.

If anyone knows that command, tell me and I will finish the script.

If you make the detonator a weapon or a armor piece, onequip should work, if you make it an ingestible you should attach to it a new scripted effect with scripteffectfinish block

I know how to do that.

What I said was I need the detonation code or something, something like this:

Ref Bomb

Begin OnActivate

Set Bomb to BombRef1

bomb.detonate 1

END

Something like that, but I doubt a command such as detonate is a real command. Thats what I need help with.

Hmm, currently, for instance all the explosive devices have zoom for the right mouse button. What about this thing using the right mouse as a trigger instead? Granted the boom will only trigger when the detpack weapon is on hand.

I bet from what you just read, I have no idea what you meant other than for now, no one knows how to outright blow the bomb up on command.

Maybe go the route where the DetPack comes in the form of a modified mine (any), and when you press right mouse (or whatever acts as your zoom/block) the mine activates as if an enemy came in range and explodes.* I doubt any of us would mind the mine's detonation delay being present in the first version of this.

* My understanding is a mine is engaged when it is places down, it is activated (i.e. detonated with a delay) when an enemy comes into range.

EDIT: Maybe a bit trial and error is needed? See if commands such as detonate, explode and some other would work?

Why not use a Aid item? and put it in the short cut, And it just keeps re-adding it self after you use it. Like from the Enclave Commander, with the radios (Sorry if my typing is bad)

Archived