Creepiest thing that happened to you?

IndorilTheGreat

well, i guess the creepiest things are those areas with lots of skeletons and ghouls.

i went into dunwich when i last played it. i walked around and when i heard the first ghoul, i went out as fast as possible :D

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I know this is off topic but it ties in. The scariest moment I've ever had in gaming is in Garry's Mod gm_megastruct. I was walking through a hallway and on both ends are rooms with fast zombies in the corners. SO for the tie in, I was walking through a few buildings and when I find an innocent looking office building in the middle of the wasteland and enter. The first thing I notice is "Dunwich Building" in the bottom corner. I turn a corner and BAM there's a feral right in front of me. I sprinted out of the building and ended up face to face with a Deathclaw Matriarch, which is not only conveniently located in front of the AS-R start point, but I presumed it dead after an hour of running around and beating it with a pipe. I was wrong, and lost my life, an arm, and my head with that mistake. Nostalgia hurts.

• 3 months later...

Honestly, anything involving ghouls, a dark room, and those friggin' mannequins.

Also, once, I was listening to that Existance radio station (from the mod), and I had walked into some abandoned house (In Minefield I think). So the radio is playing, and I walk up to the master bedroom. I'm looking around, and then the music stops and I hear a phone ringing. I look to my left, and there's a phone just sitting there on the table. I swear, my heart nearly stopped. And then that blasted robot chimed in. Turns out it was the radio...

Also, bit of a plug, try this if you like being scared. Should help a bit.

I'd just left Vault 101. Listening to dad's Farewell holotape, I decided he didn't want me to go looking for him -despite what my Quest log was saying- so I decided to go off on a jaunt across the Wasteland. My first stop was Springvale, to get some early loot. Then I was off to the SuperDuperMart. As I watched my compass for Red Ticks, I suddenly sat bolt upright as the big bus that just sits there, flew off as if an invisible giant had decided to kick it away. It didn't explode or catch fire -when some random raiders take pot-shots at it- it just seemed as it it had been hurled away. Never saw it again. But it sure scared the cr*p out of me, as it was not obvious what had sent the bus flying. I was expecting some SuperMutant attack bearing down on me -but there was no one there but me.

Still don't know what exactly happened. I do know that I put the game on pause for several minutes, before I continued again.

One of my scariest was when I was in Minefield for the first time. I was listening to Existence radio, with all that creepy music, and then, as I was taking up mines, Arkansas makes my head explode all over the pavement, in a bloody mist and splat, with a silent boom. Let's just say I need to change some clothing afterwards.

One time very early on in the game (level 2 or 3), I was just chilling out in the Wastes behind Megaton, and I suddenly heard a bunch of gunshots from over a hill. So I run over to see what's what, and there's 3 dead wastelanders just lying there on the ground. I looked around and didn't see anything, so I ran up to loot the bodies. I hear something behind me, so I look back and find myself face-to-face with a Deathclaw who was in the process of delivering a nicely wrapped package of death to my turkey. Suffice to say, screams were had, bricks were shat.

Ok... this is not really scary.. but being a girl myself.. I found it was creepy..I did that nuka-cola quantum quest and for kicks I decided to see what happens when I give the 30 bottles to that jerkwad that's trying to get into what's her name's pants.. and the next time I go in and see how he is doing.. when I go to leave he's like.. Sorry to see you leave.. but I love watching you go... gawds... the guy is a complete letch...makes you want to wear power armor just so his eyes don't make you feel soiled.

Popped in at the Ranger Compound to cash in some mapping data and within 10 seconds I was dead, a bit of a "WTF..." moment as something had turned them hostile.

Backtracking through saved games, it turned out to be that git Donovan.

<<SPOILER>>

Once you've completed the Reilly's Rangers quest and are mapping the Wastes for them, there is a possible random mini-encounter where Ranger Donovan tracks you down, exchanges some kit and dialogue with you, then buggers off. Well, three Super-Mutants also spawn next to him some distance away when the encounter is triggered, and they pretty much end up gunning him down on the spot, leaving his dead body lying undiscovered in the wastes and you none the wiser. If you hang around long enough in the area, the SMs then track YOU down, and in my case, I exploded a nearby car wreck to get rid of them. Unknown to me, Donovans dead body was lying hidden in the blast radius and still registering any damage and who it was caused by - the indirect slash damage from the blast was registered to me, and this was enough to turn the other Rangers hostile next time I visited their compound, as if Donovan had died by my own hands. Fortunately, I visited the Ranger compound only a few game days after Donovan was killed, so didn't lose out on having to backtrack too far. A bit of a series of unfortunate coincidences, but its difficult to look at the Rangers in the same light after that. And all due to sloppy scripting.