Creepiest thing that happened to you?

IndorilTheGreat

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creepiest? Or most shocking....

Looking up at the clock and realizing that I had been playing for 6 hours without a crash.

That and while testing some mods using someone else's save file turning to my left to see a deathclaw in mid-leap at me.

Backpedal, backpedal... gah! FWE reduces slows that. Damnit...

Those NIght ghouls scare the heck outa me ...

Walking all alone in the night and you hear 100's of foot steps running towards you and you just know what it is and run without bothering to turn around and look...

FO3: getting lierally face to face with a deathclaw

O.A.:watching jingwei commit suicide in the middle of a battle

P.L.: Swampfolk, Swamlurks closeup coming around the corner when im trying to calm down,and the punga seed quest

B.S.: My first reaver nuff said

The Pitt:the bodies of around 20 Trogs Auto Axed in a pile

Mothership Zeta: Abominatons

@Maddy21 thats the perfect time to put some Shades on Equip the Fat Man inagine your character Saying "Ive got a mushroom cloud to walk into" the kill as many gouls and your self with a fat man

I forgot which campground it was but it reminded me of one of the few times I was actually scared during the game. It was night and I just discovered this pleasant looking campground. I see picnic table and decide to look at whats on it, unaware of the deathclaw rushing at me from behind. I finally recognize the footsteps and the cry of a deathclaw. The deathclaw hits me once to half half and I run to an abandoned metal trailer. My hearts pounding fast, and I'm inside thinking "Man that was close I'm safe." I see the deathclaw running towards the trailer, taking one swipe and killing me. That was one of the most intense fallout moments I've had lol.

I had recently restarted my game and I was working my way through the main storyline. I had fast traveled to megaton and was walking toward Smith Casey's garage and decided to detour around Evergreen Mills. I crested a small rise to see a small concrete ledge and over the edge were maybe 3 super-mutants with 3 rail cars forming a barricade on 2 sides with the cliff forming a third side. I took all three out with head shots from my trusty Backwater rifle and decided to see what they had in their little base. I entered the base and looked around taking ammo and whatnot and noticed that one of the overturned rail cars was shielding a cluster of those shopping cart cages. I moved closer and noticed that inside one of them was a teddy bear, just sitting inside. Curious I opened the cage and heard a MASSIVE roar behind me the moment I took the bear.[Oh crap.] I turned around to see a Super-mutant behemoth cresting the hill and running toward me.[oh Crap, oh Crap!] With the rail cars and the cliffs on three sides I had nowhere to run and as a habit I almost never carry heavy weapons. I tried to make a break for it but failed, receiving a fire hydrant club to the face. [God Damn it.]

TT___TT

Maybe not the Creepiest thing ever but it scared the living crap out of me.

Same happened to me--except that, for that reason, I ALWAYS make it a point to carry at least one heavy weapon on me at all times. A forty-pound gatling can save your life--assuming you resist the temptation to waste all the ammo on ferals.

I was doing the quest for Moira at the supermarket and when I came out I see the kid running. Granted I was killing a bunch of raiders right before this so I was still in the fighting mode. I start shooting the kid thinking it was another raider from afar and I see it keep running. I was like WTF, die!!!!

I think this has happened to everyone but walking through the metro and hearing a ghoul but not knowing where it is and when you turn around its right there. It happens to me every time...