SLI Compatible

MRBee30

Allright I have a Dell XPS720 with a Nvidia GeForce 9800.

I wen't to bestbuy the other day and picked myself up a 500GB HDD, DVI to HDMI cable so I can play through my TV and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260.

They over charged me $60.00 on a $190.00 Card so I haven't opened it yet. I was looking at the box and noticed that my current card has to be SLI compatible.

My question is how do I find out?

Thanks-

MRBee

You can't mix and match to different cards you can only use that one type of card. Also i think all 9800's are sli compatible, (question) do you have the original box that came with your video card, you have to be carefull on compatiblity, you must have the same card.

Nice choice in card by the way, i have to 9800gtx's with one 1gb nvram.

If you have the money i would upgrade to two 260, also a nice choice.

First of all, you do not buy hardware from Bestbuy unless you want to get ripped off. Newegg is the place to go. I know some people don't like ordering online, but if that's the case then prepare to be overcharged.

Secondly, only two cards of the same type may be SLI'd. Two 9800GTXs, two GTX260s, even 2 9800GX2s. But you cannot mix and match.

So your saying theres no way to run a GeForce 9800GTX with the GTX260? That really sucks.

Well I allready have the 9800 installed so getting another 9800 would do it wouldn't it?

There really isn't any possable way to use the two togeather?

^ for above post

He is correct, you need the exact model, example i have to 9800GTX+'s and there SLI'ed Well before that i tried to SLI a 8900, one that was a GS and one that was a GTX.....and its the reason i had to buy two new cards! =D So >.> dont try...just dont

you can use them together, and they dont have to be the same kind.

the only difference between this and sli is that when you have two different cards, you use one as a dedicated physics processor.

check the nvidia site.

Archived