Request for a Walther P99

Alehazar

Hello,

I checked the forum by running a search using the "Walther P99" search string and it came up empty.

So I guess, this request hasn't been made yet,

Is anyone interested in creating meshes/textures/sounds for the Walther P99; Smith and Wesson made their own model called the SW99.

Myself, I'm completely incompetent when it comes to meshes and textures (or custom sounds for that matter.)

This is the gun used by Pierce Brosnan in "Die Another Day" and personally I think it looks pretty cool.

So if anyone thinks he or she (or they) are up for a challenge...

Thanks in advance,

Alehazar

• 5 months later...
I think you're referring to the Munkeenuts version of it, which was most likely removed when he was banned.

I'm not sure, my archived copy was corrupted by some comp problems. :( All I have left is the loose files in my data folder. But uh, version? Are there any more? The P99 is my favorite handgun, would like to download it again. :happy: But when I searched through all the weapon mods I couldn't find another. :(

I'm not sure, my archived copy was corrupted by some comp problems. :( All I have left is the loose files in my data folder. But uh, version? Are there any more? The P99 is my favorite handgun, would like to download it again. :happy: But when I searched through all the weapon mods I couldn't find another. :(

I have the V2 Archive of the Munkeenuts's Walther P99, and I'd really like to share, but I'm not sure whether I'd be allowed to upload it, since I did not have anything to do with its creation. And as Munkeenuts seems to have been banned I don't want to upload someone else's work without the proper permissions.

If anyone knows what can be done, I'm all ears.

Alehazar

Munkeenuts was banned because he was taking credit for someone elses work. The model, textures, and sounds were not his. You cannot upload his mod to the nexus as it would breach the rules.

Munkeenuts was banned because he was taking credit for someone elses work. The model, textures, and sounds were not his. You cannot upload his mod to the nexus as it would breach the rules.

Well, that's pretty definitive. And it also means that this specific mod is not coming back to the Fallout 3 Nexus. Sorry Syco21, but I'm not going to defy the Nexus rules and regulations. I like it here.

If anyone else in the modding community still feels the urge to make a new Walther P99 mod, we're rooting for ya!

Alehazar

Well, that's pretty definitive. And it also means that this specific mod is not coming back to the Fallout 3 Nexus. Sorry Syco21, but I'm not going to defy the Nexus rules and regulations. I like it here.

If anyone else in the modding community still feels the urge to make a new Walther P99 mod, we're rooting for ya!

Alehazar

Don't worry, I wouldn't ever ask you to do that, I love it here too. :smile:

I installed FOOK and noticed they have a P99, maybe whomever made that model can re-release it all by it's lonesome? IDK I do plan on trying to ask some of the CSS modders if I can use their P99 mods and port them to FO3. I know that's where some of the other hi-rez weapon mods came from, but IDK how to do that so it would take time for me to learn.

Alehazar

Don't worry, I wouldn't ever ask you to do that, I love it here too. :smile:

I installed FOOK and noticed they have a P99, maybe whomever made that model can re-release it all by it's lonesome? IDK I do plan on trying to ask some of the CSS modders if I can use their P99 mods and port them to FO3. I know that's where some of the other hi-rez weapon mods came from, but IDK how to do that so it would take time for me to learn.

LingsFinerThings has Munkeenut's Walter P99 included with permission. It is in the stuff for guys chest as Bond's PPK. You won't like it though. Its modified to be Bond's gun, so it never runs out of ammo, never misses, and never actually kills anyone. Hehe.