follower stuck running in pace (help)

CGIModels

I've experienced this a few times. What I've done in the past is to walk a ways away from them (equivalent of a few hundred yards), then summon them

EDIT: fwiw I use the older, less sophisticated AFT, so it can be solved with either.

having said that, now that I think about it, since I really no longer use followers, I suppose I can finally update from AFT to NFF

PS> summoning the follower (by whichever mod you use for managing followers), is quicker if you don't want to fast travel to a new location, although that works too.

We're with @Algabar on this.

We used to get the "running stuck follower," including Serana running in place.

We're guessing likely the Havok engine stutters on some NPC's sometimes after fast traveling or after a heavy combat sequence?

We have not had the issue since going to Nether's Followers Framework.

GL.

Well in my case, I have used NFF exclusively since it came out. Most often, the problem seems to occur after I sleep in a bed, and one or more of my followers is/may be in the middle of an idle. I have tried Unrelenting Force, movetoplayer, disable/enable, and teleport for those followers who had it available as part of their package... Only remedy was to find a save from before the behavior began, deleting all saves after (incl. quick- and autosaves) and reload.