Too many mods! over 250

I have a question I have over 250 something mods for fallout 3.....

after I load which ever mod..... let's say 251 my game has this weird problems like when blood splits

there is a big red square on the floor (not the missing mesh one)

then whenever I switch weapons my game crashes

non vanilla weapons loose their textures, and custom sounds are no more

basically after I reach a certain limit of mods my game becomes stupid, and has serious illnesses

I know there was a mod that increase the limit number of mods you could have, maybe you guys can help me track it, or maybe I'm wrong, idk but I need serious help

and the current mods I have are kind of essential.

and yes is that... because I deleted some esps, but I know there is a file out there but I forgot the name, and I been looking for it for about 2 hours....

OK, problem solved maybe, but what if more great mods come along the way, and I do not want to sacrifice the ones that I'm currently using....

please don't write crap, because I seen in other forums "just delete 1 mod and you are ok"

that is not the answer I'm looking for.....

if you help me I will be more than glad to give you a kudo.

thanks

I don't know if this will help or not, or how difficult it could be. I was kind of thinking about this earlier, that my mod count was increasing (no where near as high as 250 though) and thought of a possible solution to keep things clean

If you're any good with the GECK, maybe you could combine some mods into a single esp. Like say for example, put weapon mods into a single esp. If I were to do that for my mods, it would free up a good amount of mod space. I haven't actually tried yet though, so I don't know how hard it might be, or if it's a simple (but perhaps long?) task

i do this with all the mods i download. when your geck starts up, choose file/data. check all your mods in the checkbox. if you already had the geck before you can save your mods to an existing acvtive file,if not click the save button. it will make you create a folder. name this folder whatever you wish,just make sure after it saves you set the new folder as an active file. then click "ok" and the geck will load all your mods at one time. from here on anytime you save in the geck,all the data will be copied to your active file. this way next time around all you need to load is your new folder.( it will also appear in the Esp box when you go to choose your mod before playing FO3)

Also if your planning off modding from your new folder,make sure it remains active each time you load,otherwise the data you tweak will not save correctly and you will lose alot of work and time.

I am trying this, Uncle Roe. I select all my esp files in geck, leaving the esm files alone. Then I click ok, choose 'yes to all' when needed, and when they are all loaded I choose save. It just takes me to my fallout 3 data folder and asks me to create an esp. Is this what I am supposed to do?

i think it's asking you to create a new folder because none of your esm files are loaded with the mods. when i load, i click on my fallout3 esm along with anything i am modding. then when i save,all my data is directed at my one active file. you can create a new folder if you want and it will probally create a folder with all your mod data compiled but i never had to do anything like that unless i was making a mod from scratch.

Archived