ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fabulous curious mysterious CTD= WTF?

Shubal

I'm level 13, got a hundred mods running very smoothly, the odd glitch but normal Skyrim. Perhaps one CTD every 6/7 hrs playing.

I'm on my way to the Eldergleam with the pilgrim, Vilja and Lydia. We are on foot. Pass Valdheim and just turning sharply down the steep hill perpendicular to the river, all of a sudden a body falls from the sky and lands right beside me. It is a novice conjuror, dead. I go to loot the body and CTD removing the first Item. Very odd I think. I restart and this time running down the hill, no body falls out of the sky. When we reach the junction that leads off to Windhelm we are jumped by a dragon. After a long fight we continue on our way to Eldergleam. Past the fort and on mounting the bridge I CTD right in the middle of the bridge. Try two more times and CTD in the middle of the bridge. Go back a few saves and try again, same thing. Try again and head back to the Windhelm road. Go half way to the mill and cross the river. CTD on leaving the water. Rinse and repeat, same. Can't enter the steam pool zone it seems. Start up with the Idea of running back in the direction of Whiterun and try to force a CTD. Reach the section where the Conjuror had fell from the sky and surprise, his body is there again. Activate the body and ...CTD. Anyone experienced something like this, on what had been a stable game before the magic ba^tard fell out of the sky?

I sure don't want to write home for a bus ticket to Helgen again.