ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Powerful rig but horrible performance

greenknight1490

Hi I have freshly re installed the game and have mostly only added lighting and texture mods (7 gig texture combined mod) along with the k enb cold version. Without enb I am only getting 40-60 fps outside and with enb on only 20-35 fps. Along with this many ctd's. here is my mod list and system specs. I have ran boss and used the skyrim texture optimizer both with little help to my performance. Appreciate any advice.

Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SPIKE.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
RevampedExteriorFog.esp
Windfull Skyrim.esp
Remove Interior Fog V2 - Skyrim.esp
Dark Dungeons for Dawnguard.esp
Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
Better Towns Textures.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Equip more Rings ( :cool:_EN.esp
PilgrimsDelight.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Smoking Torches.esp
Footprints.esp
Footprints - Ash.esp
WetandCold.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
ArrowsNoGravity_Fast.esp
Cloaks.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
FireAndIceOverhaul.esp
Increased Merchant Stock x5.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
torches for realistic lighting.esp
ETaC - Dawnstar.esp
ETaC - Villages Complete.esp
ETaC - Morthal.esp
Unique Grasses.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
WHITEX.esp
NoSneakAttackSound.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
followers_stealthkills.esp
Quick Start - Skip the Opening Sequence.esp
WATER.esp
Purewaters.esp
Operating system Microsoft Windows 8 Pro
GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s ATX Motherboard Auc ZH
Intel® Core i7-3770K CPU @ 4.50GHz (architecture: x64; 3901)
Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHZ OC 6GB
Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHZ OC 6GB (Both in lethal boost)
16gb G.Skills Sniper Ram (4x4)
Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F240GBGT-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid
Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F240GBGT-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid (Both in raid 0)

My suggestion: Remove ENB, add Unofficial Skyrim Patches for Dragonborn, Dawnguard and Hearthfire. Once those patches are installed, open Steam, right click on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in the left-hand column, click Properties, click Local Files tab, then click the Verify Game Cache button.

Also, what resolution are you running? Have you updated to the latest AMD drivers?

Thanks for the response. I am running at 1920x1080 and yes I am using the latest beta drivers. I have the skyrim patch but not the dlc ones, can that affect performance? I am only asking because I would like to continue using a enb and see others on youtube running them with much lower specs.

Thanks for the vram advice this got rid of the ctds and cut my load times to less than a second but I am still only getting 20 fps outside with the enb turned on. I have removed every mod except the 4 patches and then pure water and a lighting mod. Still goes from a constant 60 fps to as low as 10. I dont understand.

Thanks for the vram advice this got rid of the ctds and cut my load times to less than a second but I am still only getting 20 fps outside with the enb turned on. I have removed every mod except the 4 patches and then pure water and a lighting mod. Still goes from a constant 60 fps to as low as 10. I dont understand.

I am wondering if K ENB isn't optimized properly. I would go into the thread for that ENB and ask there. I am running a rig less powerful than yours (new parts arrive tomorrow actually!) and only have one GTX 580 in my system. My graphics card set-up is no where near as good as yours and I am getting 20-30fps outdoors with tons of 4k texture mods (your mod list is tiny compared to mine). You should be getting a lot more than you currently are. Unfortunately since the issue appears to be with K ENB I can't help you. Here is a link to the thread.

It seems other people are having the same problems you are.