Ranger Clint - An advanced Ghoul companion mod

spartenkiller897

Clint and YOU!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Ranger Clint?

• He's sounds super cool, I can't wait for him!
    • He sounds interesting, but I need more details.
    • Lame...
    • Stupid, he should be a normal human.
  2. 2. Some features will be cut from the mod, which do you think should stay (if any)?

• Hireable mercenaries in the ghoul town
    • Stand-Alone patches to reduce load order size
    • An adoption Clinic for you and Clint after the 4th quest (that's the romance quest)
    • Clint gets mad at you for destroying Lukesville (if you do), and leaves you (Unless under special circumstances).
  3. 3. What more would you like to know about the mod?

• Clint's Personality
    • All of the questlines
    • All of the features
    • The ghoul town Lukesville
    • The NPCs
    • Nothing, I want it all to be a surprise!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh boy... well, there's quite the story, and it's a long one. I plan on making a video about it. Until then, however, I'll explain it quickly.

A LOT has been happening in my life over the past year, I got WAY too ambitious with Clint and tried to do everything myself, I had a change of career interests, and on top of that; Windows 10 likes to make working the Geck slightly more annoying (It' hides the windows in the quests section, and you have to drag them out).

But that doesn't answer the question.

In short, no, Clint isn't scrapped. He's just been in development hell and I'm not sure whether I should restart or clean out everything that's going to be removed. I want to finish this mod because this mod wasn't just for me, but it was my way of giving back to the nexus modding community. In my eyes, that means I have to finish it.

Clint has been on hiatus for a while, partly because my life is crazy busy, and partly because I don't know what I should with him. I've overanalyzed his story and I realize some parts of it are really good, and others are clearly written by a developing writer (Not to mention all of the TONS of grammar and spelling mistakes). The mod is also ridiculously big for just one person to handle, and it's also ridiculously big for what it's supposed to be; an advanced ghoul companion mod. Very little of the story or quests were written out at first, it was all in my head. And that has lead to production on this mod being incredibly messy and disorganized.

I haven't lost my passion for New Vegas (Especially since Fallout 4 was a disappoint and especially with how much time I just dumped into this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9lETKlhsPk&t=1s )
And I still love the character idea of Clint and would totally dump another year's worth of Freetime into him, but the thing is, I can't finish him how I originally wanted the mod to be. So, whenever he does come out, there won't be like 10 or 15 quests. There won't be tons of side characters you can get to know. There won't be a huge town that adds tons of new features and lore. Whenever he finally does come out, it'll just be him, well-written dialogue, good scripting, and maybe 1 or 2 journeys you'll go on.

Edited by spartenkiller897