Version 1.6.629

j0shua1302

Hi everyone ! This is my first time posting anything here & i don't really know the rules so im sorry if i violated anything

So i just re downloaded Skyrim since the new version 1.6.629 came out & started modding the game . However every time i start SKSSE this message comes out & a lot of mods just dont work like the SkyUI or RaceMenu .

At first the message only said the skee64.dll was disabled . I checked the SKSE website and i had the 2.2.0 SKSE version for the 1.6.629 game version . I just dont know what to do & please help me

• Like 1

Hey and welcome back!

Sadly you have come back at a horribel time. The new Update broke every mod relying on SKSE. While your SKSE is now up to date all of your mods you see in the error messege are not. You can only regularly check on the nexus side if the mods have been updated but that highly depends on if the mod creators are still active or not. For Dynamic animations replacement and all the mods relying on that I got really bad news for you. The creator of that mod stopped modding completly and this one will probably never be updated so all mods relying on it are dead until a new system comes around, if one comes around.

Best of luck trying to get skyrim running and always remember: Thank Bethesda for giving us such useful new updates that add nothing and destroy everything!

Cheers!

everything was working fine just a couple of hours ago, but now I get the error that I am using a newer version of skyrim. I check and see that the version of skyrim has been updated again to 1.6.640 and I can no longer start skyrim se. Very annoying.

Edited by Darylem

Oh hah yea I just noticed that they put out another update. Thats what screwed it up once again.

Well I deactivated automatic updates in steam for that very reason for skyrim. I'd reccomend you do the same to keep that from happening again.

First way - in Steam, go to the Library tab, right-click on Skyrim Special Edition, select 'Properties', then 'Updates' - you should see a list that includes 'Only update this game when I launch it'

More secure way - look at the pinned post at the top of the forum segment your post is in - ( https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/11022483-how-to-permanently-block-ae-from-ever-deploying-onto-ones-system/ ). Read it through, follow the directions.

Skse updated again. However I am getting quite a lot of ctds. Currently unplayable with skse. Using alternate start and as soon as I leave the inn I get a crash to desktop. I don't know whether the problem is with my mods or skse(I do have the latest version ). It works fine if I start without skse but I haven't played very long since the update.

Edited by Darylem

Skse updated again. However I am getting quite a lot of ctds. Currently unplayable with skse. Using alternate start and as soon as I leave the inn I get a crash to desktop. I don't know whether the problem is with my mods or skse(I do have the latest version ). It works fine if I start without skse but I haven't played very long since the update.

if you havent already, use this : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618

its the downgrade patcher, but dont pick the one at the top , that'll take you back to 1.5.9 , use the one that says 1.6.3 instead.